DOES DR. ROSENTHAL DO RNY TO DS REVISION AND DOES HE TAKE MEDICARE

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/09 3:56 am - KY
ANYBODY KNOW IF DR. ROSENTHAL DOES REVISIONS AND DOES HE TAKE MEDICARE AND HOW MUCH DID YOU END UP PAYING FOR YOUR SURGERY WITH MEDICARE?
Michael Eak
on 7/10/09 8:53 pm - Largo, FL
Why not just call his office and ask them?
Redhaired
on 7/12/09 6:29 am - Mouseville, FL
I am not sure there are any surgeons in Florida who do RNY to DS revisions.  I understand Dr. Overcash has done a few DS surgeries, but in order to do RNY to DS revisions you need a surgeon with lots of experience.

Red

Cruisinpat
on 7/12/09 9:00 am
When I went to see Dr. Rosenthal a couple of years ago he let me know, in no uncertain terms, that he does not like the DS and will not do it. That may have changed by now but I doubt it. I did have my DS with Dr. Overcash but I agree 100% with Red -- you must have a very experienced surgeon to do the revision and I don't think Dr. O is the right surgeon for that. Good luck to you!
Pat

learning more everyday
on 7/21/09 8:30 am
I just had my band done with Dr. Szomstein who is in the same office as Dr. Rosenthal. The DS was one of the surgical options that was given at orientation.
Have had lapband for 3 years, ready for it to be gone... Just like my ex husband and I did, we are getting a divorce.

candysims
on 7/24/09 4:32 am
I just received (7/20/09) a Realize Band from Dr. Rosenthal (RNY originally) he does not like the DS.  So far so good.  My insurance did pay for this revision and I cannot say if he take Medicare or not.  You should call Anita (Dr. Rosenthal's insurance expert) and discuss your concerns.
nanabana
on 8/8/09 2:46 pm
YES DR. ROSENTHAL DOES TAKE MEDICARE.  I HAD MY RNY DONE WITH HIM AT AGE 69 AND I WAS FULLY COVERED ,NO OUT OF POCKET CHARGE.  GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views