WHERE and WHEN are the FL support group meetings?

lea2be
on 7/4/09 4:38 am - LaBelle, FL
If you know of ANY support group in the state of Florida, please post information on when and where they meet!!
Thanks,
Lea

Lovin' Life with Lea

Lea in WV   HW410/CW220/GW185   Proximal RNY 8/29/06
ObesityHelp Mini-Challenge Support Group Leader
CLICK HERE for discount codes for savings on various WLS-friendly products!

Michael Eak
on 7/5/09 5:24 am - Largo, FL
Do you want to know every Support Group for the Entire Staye of Florida? Or just your area? Have you've searched on OH in Groups listed above? Also every Surgical Unit now here in Florida offer at least one monthly Support Group, some offer two or more monthly.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
lea2be
on 7/5/09 12:53 pm - LaBelle, FL
If everyone posts whatever groups they know about, it might help others...  I'm on the west side of the state, so would love to hear about anything in Lee County or thereabouts...  Even if someone just knows of a doc in this area that may (or may not) have support group meetings.  I didn't have a whole lot of luck with the provider listings on OH for this area, so hoped to hear from others about their experiences.
Lea

Lovin' Life with Lea

Lea in WV   HW410/CW220/GW185   Proximal RNY 8/29/06
ObesityHelp Mini-Challenge Support Group Leader
CLICK HERE for discount codes for savings on various WLS-friendly products!

miniplk
on 7/8/09 2:50 am - Davie, FL
Ft Lauderdale-Hollywood area veterans group meets the second Wednesday of each month.

Paula
SHERRY L.
on 7/20/09 10:34 am - PORT RICHEY, FL
Hello!  I saw a post from you before about the Pasco/ Hernando Group w/ Marianne.  I tried to call it today and that number posted is not hers. Called it twice.727/247/8648.  Do you have any other #'s for those guy's?
whoknewbutu
on 7/5/09 10:47 am - St. Augustine, FL
I agree with what he said...

Flagler hospital is the first thursday of every month.
FLGail
on 7/6/09 8:42 am - Sun City, AZ
Second Tuesday of every month at 630 at The American legion post # 248 2105 N. Jamaica St, Tampa.  Anyone and everyone welcome who has had Bariatric Surgery.
~Miss Dolly~
on 7/8/09 3:36 am - Somewhere on the beach, FL
I host a support group once a month in the Pompano Beach area of Broward county. This months group is July 21, 2009 on a Tuesday night from 6:30-8:30 PM and we have a featured speaker Beverley Mucciardi LCSW, the topic is Tame those Hungy Emotions.

I have an email that I can send anyone who is interested.

Thanks

Teresa

Teresa formerly known as ~Miss Dolly~
Surgery helped me transform from a misreable unhealthy size 32/34 to a happy, healthy person who can shop from the racks of any store... Life Matters!

RNY 09/11/2003- Dr. Robert Shin

"To  beceome the butterfly that I was meant to be, I had to allow myself to fully emerge from the cacoon, I had to allow myself to fly"

MSW will not settle
on 7/8/09 9:03 am
This is a great idea.  I can't tell you how many times I'v posted for a support group in my immediate area with no responses.  Perhaps I'll hear of one a reasonable drive away.

Flagler Hosp and US Bariatrics also sponsor a support group at Whole Foods in Jacksonville.  It started in the Spring and does not yet have a regular schedule.  Call US Bariatrics in St Augustine and ask about it.  It will get a regular schedule once there is enough interest.

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

predewcoop
on 7/15/09 12:15 pm - Englewood, FL

The Port Charlotte, FL support group I attend meets the first Monday of every month at 5:00 - 7:00 pm.  Dr Gruniero speaks for the first 45 minutes or so, the post op patients each speak and tell their own personal story, then the dietician speaks the last hour.  It gets pretty crowded.  I've been going for over a year, and am getting ready to finally have my surgery August 3.  Everyone who attends and has already had the surgery speak very highly of Dr. Gruniero.   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views