Dr. Marema?

JenCat84
on 7/1/09 2:26 pm
 Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone here has had Dr. Marema in St. Augustine perform a vertical sleeve gastrectomy.  Please PM if so!! 

I would love to hear general opinions about him as well.  Thanks!

I started at 324lbs and a size 26.  After losing 100 lbs, I became pregnant with my first daughter, who was born in March 2011.  My second daughter was born in September 2013.  I have maintained a healthy lifestyle and now hover around 160lbs.  I would like to get back to the 140lbs before I became pregnant with my second daughter.  The sleeve literally gave me LIFE - two beautiful, healthy little girls.  My husband had his VSG with Dr. Marema on 10/1/2012 and is on his weight loss journey, currently down 90lbs. 

whoknewbutu
on 7/1/09 11:05 pm - St. Augustine, FL
Marema did my bypass in November of last year.

I can not say enough good things about not only him, but his staff as well...

The nurses on the bariatric wing of the hospital are also awesome!

Fell free to hit me up with any questions you may have.

I have my 6 month follow up with Marema next week in fact... Now if i could only get them to take out that "non-comlpliant" sticker out of my file...

MSW will not settle
on 7/8/09 8:43 am
Dr M did my rny this past Feb.  He is excellent, very experienced, and the office has a full service support staff.  Flagler is a great hospital and the bariatric nurses are especially attentive to our post op needs. 

I can't speak for the vsg specifically, but I would recommend him highly.  I am very critical so if you read my page you'll see both positive and negative comments about my experiences.

Feel free to hit me with a pm if you have questions.  There are several of his patients here on OH.  I got to know them through placing a similar post on either the main or rny board pre op.

If you check out youtube and search bariatric surgery you can see him and one of his associates perform an rny and a vsg.  Sorry I don't have the link but if I find it i'll pm it to you. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

JenCat84
on 7/8/09 11:52 am
 Thank you both for your valuable replies!  

I started at 324lbs and a size 26.  After losing 100 lbs, I became pregnant with my first daughter, who was born in March 2011.  My second daughter was born in September 2013.  I have maintained a healthy lifestyle and now hover around 160lbs.  I would like to get back to the 140lbs before I became pregnant with my second daughter.  The sleeve literally gave me LIFE - two beautiful, healthy little girls.  My husband had his VSG with Dr. Marema on 10/1/2012 and is on his weight loss journey, currently down 90lbs. 

newlisab
on 7/20/09 2:53 pm
I am thinking of using him as well- :<) 
candysims
on 7/24/09 4:41 am

Being perfectly honest....Dr. Marema did my RNY in Fort Lauderdale in 2003....next thing I know he's moved to St. Augustine.  He or his staff in Fort Lauderdale never announced his moving.  The staff here was very rude...demanded we pay cash to see the Nurse Prac. then file insurance on our own.  I really felt abandoned as a patient by Dr. Marema and his staff here in Fort Lauderdale.  Just my personal opinion!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views