The Biggest Loser Unorganized Casting Call

Michael Eak
on 6/28/09 2:26 am - Largo, FL
It was an experience I hope I never have to go through again. It was so unorganized. I got there at 6 AM. Others had been there from the night before. A lady took it upon herself to hand out numbers. I got #44. The was even one lady who had been there for 2 days waiting. At 7 AM the Tampa Bay Performing Center staff opened a door to allow access to the Restrooms.
Still no organization. I'd thought at least ropes would've been set-up to control cutting in line of those showing up after the early birds. But nothing. At. 9 AM, the centers staff started getting everyone up on their feet to organize a single file line. But this was a couples/partner Casting Call. At 930 AM Someone from The Biggest Loser staff on a mega horn came out saying to form a line or all would be sent home. Also if anyone was caught shoving or pushing, both parties would be sent home.   

Well those who showed up after 7-8 AM did end up in front and on the now short entry form they handed out I was #95.
Remember we are all standing in one spot not moving. At 10:00 AM they let the first 100 into the lobby of the center. And even though excited we're ALL getting very tired of it. We were formed into a snake line and divided into ten persons groups which were then lead to tables for group interviews. The was only one table, but eventually they opened a second table.

When my partner and I, with the other 8 got to our Interview we had been standing for 2 1/2 hours. The interviewer which we could barely hear first stated "that we had been standing for 2 1/2 hours. That if we did this every day for a year we'd lose 50-100 pounds, all be itself." whoopie. We then had 30 seconds each to tell who we were. He asked (not Ian Young, the shows Casting Director) about the last seasons show "was it fair of the mother to send the daughter home and was the final out come of the mother beating the son, right?" this was an open question which of course was total who could shout the loudest. Then we were each asked why we wanted to lose weight? That was it. The group interview was over.

The interview was over in 20 minutes. And we were told if they wanted us we'd get a call either Saturday evening or Sunday. But they did pull to the side, two cousins who were dressed alike expressing they coached Youth Football together. The rest were shown to the door to go home, walking passed the still long line around the building outside.

I had taken the time to print out the 9 page long application it said to do on the Biggest Loser website for these Open Callings. But they refused to accept them as many people had them. I WILL take some photos and make the short 15/20 minute DVD and send it in. I wonder how long they keep them on file for future shows or just toss them?

I asked if they knew Lauralyn Bellamy, who originally posted about the Open Call in Atlanta and they didn't know of her or the VIP treatment.
I pray for all of those who show up in Atlanta have a much better experience!
Mike

Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views