Insurance question for gastric bypass patients

StaceyS
on 6/26/09 3:00 am - Coral Springs, FL
Hello!

I was hoping someone could help me with this. A friend of mine is looking for new insurance for his office and he wants to have the gastric bypass (I had the sleeve, so I can't help him). Can you tell me, from your own experiences, which companies covered your surgery?

Thanks in advance and the best of luck to all of you!

Stacey

Highest - 330     Liquid diet - 326   Surgery day -  308.5
AOL IM: Staceyshoppersfl

Michael Eak
on 6/26/09 2:11 pm - Largo, FL
Well Good Luck to your friend. As with business plan it's an add on elective. I haven't had to deal with the insurance to business planning.
Now with a Medicare plan or Medcaid plan their totally different too!

Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
AshleyDillo
on 6/27/09 6:42 am - Tallahassee, FL
I was covered with AvMed.  I work for the State, though, so I don't know if that was specific to the state's plan or not. 

I know that the standard BCBSFL plans do NOT cover WLS, but he would be able to purchase a rider for the WLS exclusion that would allow for coverage.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

JustLookingToo
on 6/27/09 3:09 pm - AL
 Have him call a surgeon's office that he may be interested in using and ask which companies they are having the best results with as far as coverage goes. They would know, for sure!
StaceyS
on 6/27/09 10:21 pm - Coral Springs, FL

Thanks, I did this the other day with my surgeon's office and am awaiting some information from them.

Highest - 330     Liquid diet - 326   Surgery day -  308.5
AOL IM: Staceyshoppersfl

cnanamickey
on 6/29/09 12:27 am
If you have a certain Dr. in mind, look him up on the computer. They usually have a area as to the type of surgery they do, insurers that cover weight loss,plus other information that you could use.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views