BCBSFL State Employee -Psych Eval

jnybanuchi
on 6/23/09 3:28 am - Vero Beach, FL
I live in Vero Beach..I am looking for someone to do the Psych Eval anywhere near me..Indian River, Brevard or Saint Lucie Counties..I have met all the requirements just need the Evl and my WLS coordinator would not send my paperwor****il I have the eval.  Ive seen posts for BCBS FL State employees and wanted to also know if they had problems getting approval..
Michael Eak
on 6/23/09 3:53 am - Largo, FL
You need to see a Doctor that your Surgeon recommends. If they says anyone? You'll need to call your BCBSFL State Employee representative as to who is on their list unless you don't mind paying for the evaluation. Otherwise you should go to one who has dealt with Weight Loss Surgeries.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
jnybanuchi
on 6/23/09 4:04 am - Vero Beach, FL
Hey thanks for the quick response..I called BCBS but the ppl they reffered are no longer doing WLS Evals or in business..The one the Dr referred wants $500 for the eval with the economy the way it is hard for me..Not only that found out the Dr Ive been seeing is not in network and wants $5000 in avance from me when the insurance pays and the out of pocket for me is maxed at $2000..so Ive been stuck after I did the Sleep Study...also my PCP who was referred to me by the WLS Dr wont give me a ltr of medical necessity...so Im really bummed out..
Michael Eak
on 6/23/09 5:42 am - Largo, FL
It may be time to find a Whole New set of doctors. I actually switch my Primary twice to find a WLS Friendly Primary Doctor. You might get a list of Doctors in your area. Then interview them as to their standings on WLS beforre choosing one. And also find a Surgeon on your Insurance list and interview them too,,,, like at their WLS Seminars. It may even come down to traveling some to save yourself some Mooola.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
randy S.
on 6/25/09 1:57 pm - brooklyn, NY
Hi Michael,
Just wanted to know why you opted for the band and not the DS after your RNY.
debosb
on 7/1/09 3:17 pm - largo, FL
Hi Michael

I am considering Dr Rehnke. for Lap Band. My concern is the $1,000.000 Admin. fees I am requird to pay . inaddition to my co Pays. I have BCBS Fed. Can you offer  any suggestions.

Good Luck and
Thank You

Deb
wd4oay
on 7/28/09 11:41 am - Miami, FL
Hi,
I also have BCBSFL State Employees.  If you don't mind travelling a little, I used a local Psychologist here in Miami, Gary J. Kreisberg PH.D. (305) 279-3640.  He took the insurance and only billed a copayment of $150.00.

Good Luck,

Chris V.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views