Newbie here

CrazyBMI
on 6/18/09 12:18 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hey folks, I'm a newbie here and decided to introduce myself. I jumped on here for some encouragment and hopefully to make a few acquaintances that are going through the same thing as I. I live in Jacksonville, but am originally from Detroit. You can read more about me in my profile. Just wanted to say hi!!!!
AshleyDillo
on 6/18/09 8:30 am, edited 6/18/09 8:30 am - Tallahassee, FL
Welcome to the site!

I am also in Jacksonville and I share your pain of having BCBS that wouldn't cover WLS.  I had a job that I absolutely loved, but the insurance wouldn't have covered WLS.  I was working tons of overtime to save up for the surgey when I was let go. 

Everything happens for a reason..now I have a job that I hate and  barely pays the bills BUT the insurance covers my surgery!

I wish you the best of luck and I hope that you can work it out somehow to get the surgery.  I was nearly ready to just take out a loan to get it done. 
williby
on 6/30/09 10:57 pm - Casselberry, FL
Hi Crazy

I am new here as well.
I am going through the process of getting everything together for surgery and now waiting for a schedule date.
I am originally from Australia but now live in Orlando.

Good luck
debosb
on 7/1/09 12:45 pm - largo, FL
Hello

I am new as well! I have BCBS Fed. So Wish me luck.,  I have a question. My insurance is known for covering the Lap Band, But The Surgeon wants  $1,000.00 for Admin. cost.  along with the Co Pays I will have to pay.I am in St Petersburg area. 

I appreciate suggestions

deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views