Jacksonville area

newlisab
on 6/13/09 6:39 pm
Hello,

We are a mil. family in the process of moving to South GA....I have approval for my WLS here at my current base (in washington state), but since we are moving I will need to find a hospital near by that will accept Tricare- Any ideas, reccomendations?
Also...once I have my letter from Tricare, any estimates of how long it takes to get surgery with an off base provider? Do I still need to go through months of classes and such?

Thanks so much

(oh btw I am looking to have RNY)
Redhaired
on 6/13/09 10:20 pm - Mouseville, FL
Lisa-
Did you also post this on the Georgia forum? 

newlisab
on 6/14/09 5:22 am
I did- nada
ToniLee
on 6/14/09 11:05 pm
Hi, I know Dr. Jawad does a lot of Tricare people.  He is located in Ocala Florida.  From what other patients have told me Tricare was very easy with their requirements.  Good luck.  I know its not real close but I have met a few people from Georgia and north Florida at Dr Jawad's office.  He is an excellent surgeon.  Toni
newlisab
on 6/15/09 7:19 am
Thanks Toni!

Thats not the first time I seen that name; so I will def check his office out!
Thank you :<)
mmiranda221
on 6/16/09 5:36 am
Toni,

There are doctors in the Jacksonville area that are very good and take Tricare.  Dr. Robert Cywes and Michael Baptista.  904-399-4004.  Good Luck
MSW will not settle
on 6/17/09 4:42 pm
Try US Bariatrics, Dr Marema at Flagler Hosp in St Augustine.  Not sure about Tri Care but its a reasonable drive from S GA approx half hour further than Jax. 

Don't know entire process as I changed surgeons so all my clearences were already done but he has regular seminars (monthly I think)

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

whoknewbutu
on 6/22/09 11:32 pm - St. Augustine, FL
On June 17, 2009 at 11:42 PM Pacific Time, M.S. W. wrote:
Try US Bariatrics, Dr Marema at Flagler Hosp in St Augustine.  Not sure about Tri Care but its a reasonable drive from S GA approx half hour further than Jax. 

Don't know entire process as I changed surgeons so all my clearences were already done but he has regular seminars (monthly I think)

Marema is who i used and can not say enough good things about him and his staff...
AshleyDillo
on 6/18/09 8:34 am - Tallahassee, FL
Dr. Webb and Dr. DePeri with www.yournovus.com is the program I went through. They were really good about working with all of the insurance companies to find out exactly what you needed to do for approval.

They perform the surgery at Memorial and St. Lukes here in Jacksonville.
newlisab
on 6/20/09 4:23 pm
Thanks so much guys-

Did any of you have to pay anything out of pocket? I've been calling around and the lowest I have seen is around $500- which is so depressing as I am currently giving up a Freebie here at the base due to the move :<(

Also about how long was your process time from PCM referral to surgery if I may ask :<) 

Thanks so much again

Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views