"Back on Track" protein diet

Gina Olson-Ferraro
on 6/2/09 11:13 am - Stuart, FL
You know how we are supposed to go back to liquids for 3 days to get back on track? Can I have coffee and protein shakes - or seriously just brothe and jello? What about veggies like cucumbers that are like crunchy water? I work out daily and I work doubles every day - I dont think broth will cut it for me!!!

*Gina Olson-Ferraro*   [email protected] 
NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS
no one can change you but YOU!!!

Michael Eak
on 6/2/09 1:41 pm, edited 6/2/09 1:49 pm - Largo, FL

WLS Plateau Buster

Do This For 10 Days To Break A Plateau

# 1 -  Drink at least 64 oz. of water a day, as close to 128 oz. if possible.

# 2 - You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamin & mineral supplements each day.

# 3 - You may consume up to 3 oz. of the following high-protein foods, 5 times a day:                                                                                                            
a.. Beef,                                                     

b.. Pork,                                                                                                                                                                                     
c.. Chicken                                                                                                                                                                                  d. Turkey.                                                                                                                                                                                     e.. lamb,                                                                                                                                                                                       
 f.. fish,                                                                                                                                                                                     
 g. eggs. ,                                                                                                                                                                                     h.. low-fat cheese

i.. cottage cheese,                                                                                                                                                                            
j.. plain yogurt (or artificially sweetened),                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
 k.. peanut butter,                                                                                                                                                                     
 l.. beans/legumes.

# 4 - You may also have:

a. sugar-free popsicles (but avoid juice popsicles                                                                             .. ,                                                                                                                          
b.. tea or coffee,                                                                                                                                                                        
 c.. sugar free Jello-                                                                                                                                                                   
d.. broths & bouillons                                                                                                                                                           
e.. The Walmart's Brand of crystal Light as it has zero calories plus is the same but cheaper.

# 5 - IF IT IS NOT ON THE LIST YOU MAY NOT HAVE IT!

# 6 - Keep a food diary and try to get 30 minutes of exercise daily.

Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/09 12:58 am - FL
Mike is that 45 grams of protein, total for the whole day?
Hugs Kristen
Michael Eak
on 6/3/09 2:50 am, edited 6/3/09 2:50 am - Largo, FL
To Break the Plateau Yes. If you increase that then your eating more thus defeating the plan.   This was given to me at the beginning of my WLS Journey 5 years ago. Once you complete this plan then it's suggested to increase on just Proteins to at least 75 grams to 127 grams.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/09 3:47 am - FL
Thank you!
candysims
on 7/24/09 5:06 am
Hi, how are you doing with your Realize Band?  I had a revision (RNY 2003) to the Realize Band just this Monday (7/20/09) so far so good.  Just all clear liquids this week and next.  I feel really good.  Hope this continues and watch the weight drop off.....also walking in circles around my living room :) five times a day!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views