Revision surgeon?

LeaAnne
on 6/1/09 11:31 am
Hey Gang,
Longtime member, mostly lurking... I'm looking for a surgeon in South Florida that will perform a revision-- lapband to rny. I got my lapband in Mexico in March of 2007 at 5'3" and 306 lbs and now over two years later I'm at 344lbs. My doctor recommended a surgeon to me that I saw a few months back for a fill. The surgeon's suggestion to me was to drink soup for two weeks to shrink my stomache.  If it did shrink my stomach, I can't tell.  Turns out that drinking soup doesn't necessarily make one lose weight and definately isn't sustainable long term.  I'd appreciate anyone that can point me in the direction of a sensitive, competent surgeon that can possible assist me.
Thanks,
Lea

Toni B.
on 6/1/09 12:33 pm - Davie, FL
Hi Lea,...I feel your pain..that must be really hard for you...Try Dr. Paul Esposito in Fort Lauderdale...he may be able to help.....let me know how things turn out of feel free to email me if you just need a shoulder. I am in Fort lauderdale/Plantation/Davie area.

Toni

Safety is not the absence of danger, but the presence of God!!

Peace, Love & Happiness  

Toni    

Redhaired
on 6/2/09 8:40 am - Mouseville, FL
Have you looked into a DS?  There are no DS surgeons in Florida but it is a terrific option. 

Red

Michael Eak
on 6/2/09 1:32 pm, edited 6/2/09 1:34 pm - Largo, FL
Lea, your OH profile is not filled in so we can't comment on your history and you haven't explained much here. How many fills have you received? What size is your band? Do you have insurance or self-pay? Which surgeon in Mexico did your surgery? Have you've followed to the T the Lap Banding protocal? If you have a Banding, the size of your stomach should not be an issue. And besides that Soup Suggestion should have been just Broths.

But anyway as we don't exactly know where in South Florida your living, I'd suggest you contact Surgeon/Dr.Grossbard of Zephyrhills, FL. He received his Lap Band in Mexico also and does revisionals Bands to RNY and Bands onto RNYs. Plus Bands & RNYs, of course.

I suppose your asking questions on the OH Forum for Lap Bandings. You may want to checkout & ask on this website - http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/floridabandsters/

Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
LeaAnne
on 6/3/09 12:18 pm
Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm seeing Dr. Szmostein at the Cleveland Clinic in Weston tomorrow morning.
emjayel56
on 7/30/09 5:54 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
LeaAnn
Did you have the revision done?  Dr. Szomstein is doing a revision next month on me from a lapband to RNY.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views