Walk for Obesity - Thoughts for a South Florida Walk

Aphrodites
on 5/27/09 3:14 am - FL
I want to find a way to organize a Walk for Obesity in South Florida. I've never organized one and am honestly a bit terrified at the idea of trying to plan such a large event. Any suggestions, words of wisdom? I'm thinking of talking to my doctor and seeing if him and his office can help me and perhaps talking to hospitals who promote wls. Not sure who in OH to contact either to promote this.

What do you guys thing?

My Food Blog 

Redhaired
on 5/27/09 3:30 am - Mouseville, FL
Here are the folks to speak with about this.

http://walkfromobesity.com/organize.php

Aphrodites
on 5/27/09 3:51 am - FL

I called them and great news. There will apparently be a walk in Hollywood. I called the organizer of that event, and just waiting for her to get back with me. I'm going to see how I can help with the planning/organizing. :-)))

Thanks!!

My Food Blog 

Redhaired
on 5/27/09 5:47 am - Mouseville, FL
Cool

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/09 6:20 am - FL
I am interested, I am moving to Tampa in July.
mybell2217
on 5/29/09 2:05 pm
Hey Kristen,

Welcome to Tampa! I moved here last year in August.....came from Chicago......Im still getting used to it but its getting better and the weather is awesome....no snow in the winter....yay!

Please feel free to  PM me if there is anything I can do to help you with your transition. Where in the Tampa area will you be moving too?

Best of luck!!!!

Michelle =)

PS...my surgeon runs support groups so if you are interested maybe we can go together someday!

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/09 9:00 pm - FL
Hi Michelle

I am moving to Tampa from Baltimore and yes I was concerned with support group, so sign me up on that as well.  I will send you a pm.  Thank you!
Hugs Kristen
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/09 4:10 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I recently moved to Florida...I'm north of Tampa about 45 miles.
Are there any "events" happening on this side of FL?  I see dinners and other stuff but they are all on the east coast.

Thanks!
Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/09 7:17 am
I am interested as well, I think that would be a great idea! BTW we have the same surgeon isnt't he great? He did a wonderful job with my surgery and he also did my co-workers surgery 2 yrs ago and she has not had any problems.. I would love the idea of the walk though
Aphrodites
on 6/2/09 3:53 am - FL
I am going to the first organizational meeting tonight. I can give more details later. 

Will keep everyone informed :-)

My Food Blog 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views