Info on Hospital offering bypass in West Palm Beach area

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/09 3:52 pm
Hello folks,

I am the preverbial new guy in town on these forums.  I am in need of finding information about hospitals or organizations that offer gastric bypass in our area (broward/Palm Beach).

I am interested in JFK and have been to a meet and greet seminar there and felt it was the place to do it.  But it is the first place I have done it.  

I do not have insurance that will pay for the surgery so I am looking for places that offer cash prices with great service before, during and after.

JFK will do it for about $25K, is that typical?

I am not sure where to begin in this search.  My family will help me pay for it so I am very pleased with that.  

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Who to trust?
Hospital, Doctor, possible costs?

Thank you,
-Greg
ToniLee
on 4/26/09 10:19 pm
Hi there I know its pretty far for you, but Dr Jawad has lowered his prices.  I was a self pay myself and it was $23,000 for RNY.  He has lowered it and is also offering the sleeve for close to the price of a lapband now.  My husband is about your size and just went last week to get the ball rolling.  Dr Jawad's son had the sleeve done down in Miami a few months ago but I'm not sure who did the surgery.   He is an excellent surgeon and a center of excellence.  Good luck!  Toni
John Hoffmann
on 4/27/09 12:16 pm - Baltimore, MD
Hey Greg, I cant say enough good things about Cleveland Clinic in Weston and Dr. Rosenthal and Schozstein.  They are the greatest and completely changed my life.  It's a little out of the way but well worth the trip.

Bethesda Hospital in Boynton Beach is supposed to be pretty good as well.  Contact Sandy Arioli at the Surgical Weight Loss Clinic at  the hospital for more info. She is the coordinator there.   I attend her support group meetings, and she is very good.

I was self pay at Cleveland Clinic.  It was $25K in 2006.

Good luck and feel free to ask if you have any other questions.  Always willing to help if I can.

John
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/09 12:09 am
Thank you guys for your responses.  It gives me more "food for thought" as I enter into this new chapter.

A friend of mine is getting her surgery done at Cleveland on May 15th, so I hope and pray that hers goes well.

Thank you
-Greg
Phyllis P.
on 5/6/09 2:30 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Greg,
I agree with John.  Both my husband and I had RNY with Dr. Rosenthal at Cleveland Clinic.  It was a bit of a drive (we live in Boynton Beach) but well worth it.  I am 23 months out and husband is 14 months out.  My husband had one stricture.  He had an appointment with the doctor at 8:00am, they decided that is what it was, admitted him, did the procedure and he was home by 8:00pm.  Not bad.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. 
Phyllis
It's the things that you do, that you don't have to do, that determine the difference when it is too late to do anything about it.    Author Unknown
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views