dr.cywes

gailng77
on 3/25/09 6:40 am - jacksonville, FL
Has anyone had lapband surgery using Dr.Cywes in Jacksonville?If so,can you tell me how soon after the seminar someone from his office called for a consult.
                                   Thanks so much
                                         Gail
toddjr1
on 3/25/09 1:38 pm

I had Dr. Cywes.  I had surgery 3/19/2009.  I was persistant in the beginning.  I could not make the seminar so I was in a group of 5.  My next appointment was about one month later.  I believe they check on all the insurances, making sure they allow the surgery.  Call, they don't mind.

ABUNDANTLY BLESSED
gailng77
on 3/25/09 1:49 pm, edited 3/25/09 1:49 pm - jacksonville, FL
Thank you so much for your reply.I gave them a referral at the seminar so i guess i was thinking that would speed things up a bit.If you dont mind my asking,how long did it take you to get a surgery date after your first visit?
          Good luck on your journey!!!!
              GAIL
toddjr1
on 3/25/09 11:55 pm
After the first appointment, about 3 and a half months.  It depends on which hoops your insurance company asks you to jump through before the surgery is approved.
ABUNDANTLY BLESSED
gailng77
on 3/26/09 2:22 am - jacksonville, FL
I just got my consult app. for April 8th. I have tricare prime so i guess im on my way.Did you have to go to your primary care doctor for your ekg,blood work,etc.My pcp told me up front she was to busy for that.lol Again thanks for your help.
                                    Gail
toddjr1
on 3/26/09 3:25 am
I have tricare prime also.  Yes I made an appointment for the labs and chest x-ray and ekg, I took the first available.  When I did that I kept calling to see what else they would need from me.  Along with the labs I also needed the nutritionist, psycologist and fitness appointments.  After I scheduled the psyc appointment, they scheduled the appointment before they send information to the insurance company.  After that appointment, I waited two weeks then received the call with a date for surgery.  Surgery went well, I have my post operative appointment tomorrow.

Jeannice
gailng77
on 3/26/09 5:59 am - jacksonville, FL
Im so glad to hear that you are doing well.so did you have to all your testing done through the base?Im concerned about that because my pcp doesnt have time 4 all that.
toddjr1
on 3/26/09 1:10 pm
Yes I did.  I had an abnormal EKG so I was referred to another clinic, but everything else was done at Naval Hosp Jax.
gailng77
on 3/27/09 4:07 am - jacksonville, FL
I hope all is well now.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr