BC/BS Insurance for DS revision

Regina Ping
on 3/24/09 11:06 am - Vero Beach, FL
I am wondering if anyone here has Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO insurance (mine is thru Florida state employees) and what issues or pre-approval they may require?  Do I have to submit a 6-month diet log like with the original surgery?  My insurance states in the policy that weight loss surgery is not covered EXCEPT when medically necessary.  I just need to know where I need to start on the insurance issue before I mess up and say or do something that will cost me coverage with them. 

Also, when traveling for a DS procedure in another state I will need to travel by plane, is this going to mean I need to stay an extended period of time to make sure no problems come up as far as the pressure in the cabin? 

Regina
Cruisinpat
on 3/24/09 11:51 am
Hi Regina,
I don't have the answer to your questions but I just wanted to say that I had the DS and I am very happy with the surgery. Good luck!
Pat (who lives nearby in Port St Lucie)

Regina Ping
on 3/26/09 6:22 am - Vero Beach, FL
Well, HOWDY NEIGHBOR!!!  Did you have a revision to a DS or a DS the first time?  I had a RNY in November 2006 and I am looking to get a revision to a DS but there are not surgeons in FL that do revisions.  I am seeking a surgeon out of state now.

Regina
Cruisinpat
on 3/29/09 11:48 am
Hi Regina,
Not a revision, I was a "virgin" DS and I went to Ocala for the surgery. Although Dr. Overcash hasn't done as many DSes as other surgeons I was happy with my results. I don't know that I would go to him for a revision. Good luck with your research. You'll love the DS!
Pat

Linda F.
on 4/6/09 11:39 am - Tampa, FL
Pat,
Was your DS with Dr. Overcash a private pay - or covered by insurance?  I have an appt with him tomorrow and was told outright that insurance didn't cover it.....which was strange because I hadn't even told her who my provider was.

thanks
Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views