Laparoscopic DS surgeon in Florida

Phantasm
on 3/17/09 12:29 am - Sarasota, FL
Does anyone know of a surgeon in Florida who does laparoscopic duodenal switch surgery?
Redhaired
on 3/17/09 11:16 pm - Mouseville, FL
There are no experienced DS surgeons in Florida!  There is one surgeon in Ocala *****cently started doing the DS and while he is an experienced bariatric surgeon -- he is not an experienced DS surgeon.  You can find a good list of vetted DS surgeons on DSfacts.com or duodenalswitch.com .  Do not pay any attention to the DS surgeon list here on OH.  There are many surgeons listed there that are what we call bait and don't switch docs.  They claim to do the DS but once you get to see them they will try to talk you out of the DS.

I went to Omaha, Nebraska to have DS surgery and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.  Most of us DSers have to travel to have the surgery and while that may seem scary it is really not that bad.  Most of the DS surgeons are accustomed to working with out of town patients and are very accommodating. 

Did you know there is a DS forum here at OH.  There are lots of friendly, knowledgeable folks who post there.  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/a,messageboard/board_id ,5357/

Please let me know if I can be of any help to you.  I have a lot of DS information and I am 2.5 years out from DS surgery.

Red

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views