Dr. Lee Grossbard in Zephyrhills, FL

Regina Ping
on 3/4/09 5:40 am - Vero Beach, FL
Doing more research and was wondering if anyone had this doctor?  I've had a RNY but am interested in getting a Lap Band over the RNY.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Regina
Michael Eak
on 3/4/09 1:35 pm - Largo, FL
Dr. Grossbard assist Dr. Rehnke at the Palms of Pasadena in St. Petersburg I beleve it's on Tuesdays to place the bandings on top of RNYs. In fact they'll be doing mine as soon as I get my Insurance to grant their approval.

Their performing via a Live Feed into a Pinellas County hotel a Lap Banding procedure next Tuesday, March 10th followed by question & answers. Starting a 630 PM

*********************************************************************************************************
www.obesitynomorefl.com

If your considered weight loss surgery but have not taken the step, we have a seminar for you.  Both Dr. E. Rehnke and Dr. T. Jessee will broadcast a live lap band surgery from the operating room at Palms of Pasadena Hospital to a seminar near you.  During the procedure, the doctors will explain each step and at the conclusion of the procedure, they will be able to answer your questions.  Modern technology is truly amazing.  To RSVP, please call 727.384.3422 or email me at SKay@Iasishealthcare.  There is limited space so please contact us early.  Please tell your friends and family and feel free to post this on other message boards.

March 10, 2009 - Tuesday - Dr. Rehnke
6:30 PM  
The Marriott (Formally Radisson)  
Second floor 12600 Roosevelt Blvd.  
St. Petersburg, FL  

March 11, 2009 - Wednesday - Dr. Jessee
6:30 PM  
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay  
2900 Bayport Drive  
Tampa, FL

Regina Ping
on 3/5/09 3:24 am - Vero Beach, FL
What made you decide on having the band put in and what other info can you give me on the procedure?  Did you have a rough time with the insurance approving this procedure since you already had a RNY?  My feelings on it are........I believe this would give me the extra that I've needed and get me to my goal weight because I'm not able to go out of state and have a DS procedure.

Regina
Regina Ping
on 3/5/09 3:26 am - Vero Beach, FL

I didn't even know this procedure was being done let alone in Florida.  That sounded like enough for me to check into it more and get the details. I was already checking for DS doctors out of state when I got the info.  And a few stories of the DS kind of scared me into seeking out other options.  

Redhaired
on 3/5/09 4:36 am - Mouseville, FL
Regina-
What have you heard about the DS that scares you?  I am happy to answer any questions.

Red

Regina Ping
on 3/5/09 5:40 am - Vero Beach, FL
The part that scares me the most is having it done Open.  And I cannot travel out of state to go to a doctor.  I saw this info about the Band over the RNY and thought I would get some more info on it.
Regina
Redhaired
on 3/5/09 2:26 pm - Mouseville, FL
Regina-
Please know I was not trying to pry.  I just thought if you had concerns I might be able to help.  I wish you success with whatever you decide.

Red

Regina Ping
on 3/5/09 8:12 pm - Vero Beach, FL
No problem, I'm just trying to get all the info I can about what choices I have. 

Regina
Regina Ping
on 3/6/09 4:48 am - Vero Beach, FL
Maybe I should be checking into other means of a revision.  Are there other choices besides the DS and Lap Band that I don't know about?  I don't BCBS will pay for Lap Band.  I'm determined to find  a good surgeon that can get me the help I need.
Regina
Redhaired
on 3/6/09 5:16 am - Mouseville, FL
I have seen people get revisions to a more distal RNY and that seems to help some.  Your best bet is to find a surgeon who does all of the surgeries and see what he/she has to say.  I think a lot will depend on your particular cir****tance and why your RNY has failed you.  There are many times mechanical failures that result in inadequate weight loss and other problems.  Pouches can become enlarged, stomas enlarged, staple line disruptions as well as other issues.  After doing some tests to see the state of your current surgery -- an experienced surgeon should be able to make sound recommendations on how to fix it. 

Red

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views