Dr Hoddinott for Revison to DS from RNY

ReginaD
on 3/2/09 10:54 am - Columbus, IN
I've been doing my homework and have tons of info I've printed off from web pages and various boards.  I have found a Dr. Hoddinott in Ocala that will do a DS from a RNY.  I have an appointment with him and will find out more when I meet with him.  I believe he does his surgeries at Munroe Regional in Ocala and also does work with Dr. Overcash.  He performs the DS revisions open and I have a list of questions for him.  Any and all suggestions are appreciated and questions to ask would be helpful before my appointment.  I will also post this on the DS board.  Thanks!
Regina
Redhaired
on 3/2/09 8:30 pm - Mouseville, FL
Regina-
I have been floating around these boards (DS primarily) since 2004 and I have never seen a DS patient of Dr. Hoddinott.  I really do not know much about him but I do know it does not seem that he does the DS, let alone revisions which are far more difficult than a virgin DS.  I do know that he recently relocated his practice to Florida from PA so you might want to post this on the PA board to get input.

Red

Regina Ping
on 3/2/09 11:18 pm - Vero Beach, FL
Oh yes I posted on the PA board and got a very interesting answer and a scary one at that.  So, if I go out of state how does that work with the insurance company?  I have BCBS PPO with the State of Florida employee plan.  I'm from Indiana originally so I was thinking of maybe seeking a doctor in Kentucy since there are none in Indiana that do the procedure.  I read where Dr. Inman in Indy did but when I called they said she doesn't do them anymore.  Maybe I will go off to NY with Dr. Gagner.  Would make a great little vacation and bring the family along. 
Regina
Redhaired
on 3/3/09 11:25 am - Mouseville, FL
First you will need to see if your insurance will cover the revision and then see if the surgeon you decide on takes your insurance.  Gagner is a great choice and Greenbaum in NJ has done a lot of revisions, and of course there is Husted in Ky.  Are you having problems with your RNY?

Red

Regina Ping
on 3/4/09 2:14 am - Vero Beach, FL
No thaving any specific problems except for I've stopped loosing weight.  I never made it to my goal of 160 lbs.  Seems like sometimes I am always hungry.  Someone suggested having a Lap Band put over the RNY so I thought I would look into information on that one as well.  There's a doctor around Tampa (Zephyrhills) that has done that procedure with RNY patients.  I will see what I can find out.
Regina
Redhaired
on 3/4/09 9:57 pm - Mouseville, FL
I would not make any decisions or let anyone do anything to me until after a scope or at least an upper GI series, just to see what is going in there.  A lap band over an RNY sounds like a patch -- you will still have issues with eating different foods and then there is that whole fill business.  Find a good DS surgeon and have a consult.  That is really the only way you will be able to determine all of your options.  Remember if the surgeon does not do the DS he/she is not likely to have anything good to say about it.

Red

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views