Gagner VSG Patients

PaulaToronto
on 2/20/09 7:56 pm - Toronto, Canada
Did Dr. G. give you stats for estimated weight loss percentages, whether there is weight gain further out and longer term stats.  I know he is presenting a paper either this weekend or last weekend and wondered whether any of you have this info to share or were told what his experience is?  It looks like I will be having a VSG with him in NY but I must admit I worry about long term results.  I'm in my early 50s with diabetes and I can't afford not to lose the necessary weight and keep it off.

Thanks, Paula  
Redhaired
on 2/20/09 10:20 pm - Mouseville, FL

Paula-
Have you looked at the DS. 

Red

PaulaToronto
on 2/21/09 6:35 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi Red, I'm usually on the DS board and had been planning all along to have a DS.  However, our provincial insurer OHIP has decided as of Jan 1 to change the criteria in order to qualify.  You now need a BMI of 50 regardless of comorbities.  Several people are fighting it but many are now looking at VSG which OHIP will pay for.  I am trying to see whether I could likve with a VSG.

Redhaired
on 2/21/09 10:58 pm - Mouseville, FL
I thought you were familiar.  Forgive me I am old and forgetful.  You might have better luck hooking up with Gagner patients on the NY board as he had only been in Florida a year and is now going back to NY.

I certainly hope you guys can beat OHIP into submission.  This is a terrible situation.

Red

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views