Moving to jacksonville Need Help Please!!!!!!!

seaworld
on 2/21/09 8:53 am - mcdonough, ga

We live in mcdonough, ga and we hate it. husband has a chance to get a transfer to the airport. Can you tell me what areas we should be looking at for a rental? Also is there alot of crime? some people are telling us that jacksonville is a dump and alot of crime? Anything that you can tell me i would be very thankful. Also i was thinking of flying down for the day, would anyone want to show me around so i can see what its like, i will give you gas money, if you could just show me around for a couple of hrs. I just dont want to make a mistake if its not safe to live. we lived in orlando, before and loved it, we hate ga

thanks so much for all your help :))))

susie

unidos
on 2/22/09 11:12 pm - Deland, FL
look at the Rants and Rave section on Craigslist. I am sure people there will tell you how Jax is. Like any other city I am sure it has it's slummy parts..

Personally I don't like Jax from what I've seen its all crime and ghettoness... St. Augustine is wayyyy better
kimtindall
on 2/25/09 4:08 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I have lived in Jacksonville for the better part of my adult life.  I love it here, a small town with a lot of growth!!  There are bad side and there are good sides just like any other town.  The airport is convientent to just about every area of town.  If you like the country atmosphere, I would suggest that you start searching on the area of Yulee/Fernandina Beach/Callahan/Hilliard or even Dinsmore...these are all in Nassau County with the exception of Dinsmore, that is in Duval county but within minutes of Nassau.  They just began to build up the area by the airport which was out in the middle of no where at one point!  Now they have a nice new outside mall there with a lot of great stores.  Good Luck!!

Kim 

native2u
on 2/26/09 6:26 am - Merritt Island, FL
My Aunt lived in Yulee, FL (north of Jacksonville). From what my parents say, Yulee is a beautiful place that is quiet. It is just over the GA/FL border also.

We also have friends that live in Jacksonville and they live in a nice area (we've only been to their house once). Now, when I go to GA to visit family, I have to go through parts of Jacksonville that I HATE....I lock the car doors and all.

St. Augustine is an awesome place, but that means to Jacksonville an hour travel to work daily....1 way.....and you have very heavy traffic at rush hour.

Lap-RNY
4/23/08 ~Waiting for Insurance Approval    5/09/08 ~ Denied!!!!  
5/29 ~ Appeal Denied!   10/10/08 ~ Sent Appeal off to Aetna-waiting again
10/28/08 ~ Denied again on 10/23/08
10/28/08 ~ Hired a Bariatric Attorney
1/12/09 ~ External Review board is deciding for Aetna
2/20/09 ~ APPROVED! 
3/10/09 ~ Surgery date
ryvalja1
on 2/27/09 8:16 am - St. Augustine, FL
If he doesn't mind driving a little *****eck out St Augustine.  I live in St Augustine, in the World Golf Village and it is a beautiful town.  The schools are excellent (A rated).  I know there are alot of rentals in the area.

Janice

dperry_jax
on 2/28/09 5:45 am - Orange Park, FL
Also, check in Middleburg.  Low rent, country/small town living, and their is a connection via Brannon Field/Chaffee Road that makes it a pretty quick jaunt to the airport...maybe 30-45 minutes tops.  Stay away from Northside, Downtown, and most of the Westside.  Southside and Orange Park are the nicest areas.  Argyle Forest is nice.  Oakleaf Plantation is awesome and new, but pricey!!!  I am not too familiar with any of the new construction near the airport, sorry.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views