Medicaid in Tampa

rasvin
on 2/18/09 7:02 pm - Tampa, FL
Having a hard time finding a surgeon in the area.
Michael Eak
on 2/18/09 11:42 pm - Largo, FL
Medicaid doesn't pay for any Bariatric Surgeries. They used to approve the surgery but then wouldn't pay, leaving the Surgeon to collect from the low-income patients.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
rasvin
on 2/19/09 12:55 am - Tampa, FL
Thanks I'm a alittle confused... I called 2 places and they both said yes... one is in Miami and the other is in Gainesville. I called several places and they always ask me what type of Medicaid I have...  I wasn't aware of different types of Medicaid.
mybell2217
on 2/19/09 9:30 am
I dont know if my surgeon takes medicaid or not.  You would have to call his office.

His website is www.tampabariatrics.com

Good luck,

Michelle

rasvin
on 2/19/09 12:59 pm - Tampa, FL
Thank u well I called his office and they don't accept it. I went to several of Dr Fernandez's seminars and a few others and I was very impressed with Dr Fernandez.

Ok so I called Dr Murr's office at Tampa General and they accept Amerigroup, Healthy Ease, Staywell etc etc... So I'm confused... Even though I'm new to Medicaid... I know that in the state of Fl when u do have Medicaid u need to have an HMO...  So I been calling around asking if they accept Medicaid... but if they accept Amerigroup or whatever HMO doesn't it mean they accept Medicaid...?
Jaclynn00
on 2/20/09 1:10 am - Riverview, FL
Yes, Dr. Murr and Gallagher's office takes medicaid. However, medicaid requires (3) 6 month dr. supervised weight loss attempts before they will approve the surgery.

Go to a seminar for Mr. Murr at Tampa General Hospital.  They'll tell you all about it.
Good luck!!

rasvin
on 2/20/09 2:45 am - Tampa, FL
Thanks... I have my packet and will be attending the seminar on Mon... 
sherry hernandez
on 4/6/09 11:36 pm - wimauma, FL
are you on just medicaid or are you on a plan? when i had my surgery in 2006 amerigroup medicaid paid but i had to jump threw a lot of hoops! my surgeron was dr. gallagher and dr murr. tampa general
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views