Anyone live in Jacksonville?

seaworld
on 2/7/09 11:45 pm - mcdonough, ga
Hi Everyone,

We live in georgia which we HATE!!!! Anyway my husband works for delta and their is an opening at jacsonville airport, we lived in orlando 6 years ago and loved it, we love the water and we love to fish!!!  So if you live in jacksonville can you tell me more about it and whats it like? Please tell me any thing that you can tell me, is their beached all around? Is there palm trees like orlando?  Anything you can tell me would be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for all your help,

susie
AshleyDillo
on 2/8/09 9:31 am - Tallahassee, FL
I live in Jacksonville.  Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.  If you are looking to move here, I can give you info about where you'd want to live relative to where you'd be working, etc.

I've also lived in Orlando, and it really is two different worlds.  Jacksonville feels like a really spread out small town.  There is a lot of waterfront here, both river and ocean.  We don't really have palm trees like you see in south Florida.  The trees around here are actually a lot more like what you would see up in Georgia.  The weather is pretty nice--even when it is the hottest part of the year it is comfortable outside as we get the ocean breeze.
whoknewbutu
on 2/8/09 10:03 am - St. Augustine, FL

im here too

sandyfeets
on 2/8/09 10:44 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
Feel free to contact me... I've lived here for the last 38 years.... this IS my hometown.  LOTS of waterfront, great beaches, rivers galore.  There are palm trees.... but this is NOT Mickey Mouse town---THIS is the real Florida---huge oak trees, tall pines, great fishing, mild weather in the winter (well except for the last two weeks,)
The RARE hurricane.... unlike South FL.

seaworld
on 2/21/09 8:36 am - mcdonough, ga
Hi,

couple of questions for you, my husband will be working at the jacksonville airport, what area should i be looking for a rental. Also Is there alot of crime there, we are in atlanta and its not that safe here. Is it a nice place to live? Is it safe, some people are telling us there is alot of crime. Anything you could tell me,

thanks so much,
susie
unidos
on 2/22/09 11:21 pm - Deland, FL
best thing to do is find the rentals you like. Take the list to the local police station and ask which ones have the least amount of issues. That's what I did.  Check out some of the apt review sites online.

If the rent is High you don't have many issues. Rent a house it's better less issues and you dont hear the people all around you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views