Looking for good Central FL Mental Health Prof

opheliafl
on 2/5/09 10:28 pm - Deltona, FL

Hi,

I am scheduled for my RNY on 2/24 (Jawad, Ocala).  Although I did have my psych eval pre-op with someone and they were fine, I was wondering if anyone in Central Florida (Volusia/Seminole) could recommend a good mental health professional to work with post-op.  I don't currently have any issues (I don't THINK, lol), but I want to be working with someone to help me adjust to the new me :o)

Appreciate any thoughts,
Thank you 
Michael Eak
on 2/6/09 6:06 am - Largo, FL
You may want to check with your Surgeon's Office, as they may ONLY accept Results from only certain mental health professionals. I sought out one that was recommended but then had to be re-evaluated by one of only two that my surgeon has worked with in the past.
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
maris_38
on 2/6/09 9:32 am - Orlando, FL
Sorry, I have nada for Volusia/Seminole.  Orange is about the limit of my knowledge.

You might want to check online with your insurance provider - mine has a search feature where you can see all the mental health folks with experience in bariatric/weight issues.

Good luck with your search!
Nancy6540
on 2/17/09 8:29 am - Orlando, FL
Hi, I am new to Orange county any recommendations for me for a mental health provider?  I have a search feature with my insurance but I would like to balance that against a recommendation. 

caymancic
on 2/18/09 2:19 am - Orlando, FL
I swear by Dr Goodman on Orange Ave.  Across from ORMC hospital.  She helped me prepare for the surgery.  And I mean prepare.  Not just a one time consult. 

She is the best.

my best to you

caymandj
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr