WLS Support Group in Fort Walton Beach area?

Angela K.
on 1/22/09 10:20 pm - Mary Esther, FL
Hi,

I'm new to the area.  My husband is in the AF and we are living in Mary Esther.  I was wondering if there are any local support groups for WLS in this area?  Thanks.

Angela

Angela
Proud Air Force Wife and SAHM
Highest 282/Pre-Op 251/Current 143/My Goal 150/Doctor's Goal 137

Ed W.
on 1/22/09 11:18 pm - Casselberry, FL
Congrats on the move Angela! Hope it went smoothly!

Ed

HIghest Weight - 287 /Surgery Weight - 278  /Curent Weight - 150/Goal - 154 

Angela K.
on 1/23/09 7:02 am - Mary Esther, FL
Thanks Ed!  It went as smoothly as it could!  We are settled into our new house and loving it here!  Hope you are doing well.

Angela

mommageeg
on 1/23/09 9:58 am
Hi Angela,
There a support group that meets the last Tuesday every month at the chruch in Bob Hope Village at  6:00
Angela K.
on 1/23/09 10:33 pm - Mary Esther, FL
Is that on Eglin?  We're stationed at Hurlburt.  I'm not too familiar with Eglin just yet.

Angela

mommageeg
on 1/23/09 11:05 pm
No its not on Eglin its in Shalimar like on your way to Eglin.
kathy S.
on 1/23/09 10:10 pm - Pensacola, FL
there's one the first tuesday of every month at Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola at 6pm.  My husband is AF Reserve but active duty at Duke Airfield.  He drives from P'cola every day to Crestview.  You must be at Hurlburt. 

I come over once a month because he still has to drill every month.  The next drill is 2-6 if you want to meet for lunch or something.
kathsum
Angela K.
on 1/23/09 10:35 pm - Mary Esther, FL
Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the info.  I am not sure if I'll be able to make those meetings or not.  I wasn't thinking when I asked the question.  I have an almost 4 year old and not sure if I'd be able to find a sitter for him for the meetings.  My husband will be leaving for Turkey next month for 15 months.  I'd love to meet up with you for lunch when you are in town.  However, I won't be able to next month as that is around the time my husband leaves.  But please keep me in mind!  Take care!

Angela

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/09 3:55 am
Heya Angela,

My husband is AF too. He's also stationed on Eglin and we live in Mary Esther. I've been looking for a WLS support group in our area and hadn't found one until I came across your thread.

I haven't gone through with the surgery. I got to chat with the Doctors for a second time, to let them know that I've discussed the option with my family and they're on board.

I'm sorta still getting all my duckies in a row.

Welcome to the area :-)

Cecilia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views