My Father needs a LapBand Doctor in FLA-help!

nygirl
on 1/21/09 11:25 pm - OH
My Father is 75 yrs old. His weight is literally klilling him. He lives in Sprinh Hill Florida. One barriatric doctor told my Father he would not operate on anyone over 65 yrs old. Does anyone know of a Doctor I could contact in Florida to talk about a LapBand for my Father? Is 65 yrs old really a cut-off. He is dying from his weight, Help! Any information is greatly appreciated.
Jessica H.
on 1/22/09 9:41 am
Have you looked for a referral on the lap band web site?  Good luck I hope you are able to find someone!!
maris_38
on 1/25/09 1:35 am, edited 1/25/09 1:35 am - Orlando, FL
Only way to really know is to contact some of the bariatric surgeons in the area.  I believe they make the decision based on a number of factors: general health, other health problems, age etc etc.

I can tell you that I see a lot of folks at retirement age in the support groups I attend with my surgeon (hard to know what someone's age is, but they are post-retirement).  I do know that Dr Kim does both lap-band and RNY.

Here's the website for Dr Kim's program (Celebration, FL - near Disney): http://www.floridabariatric.com/about/index.asp

I will say that all my experiences with Dr Kim and his staff have been very positive.
michelle O.
on 1/25/09 7:26 am - Tampa, FL
Try Dr. Jessee www.shedthepounds.com 
She may be able to help you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views