Insurance (Attention)

Shannon Neel
on 1/21/09 1:06 am - Chattahoochee, FL
Anyone ever tried to get approved with Capital Health Plan Ins. They tell me to call my Primary care Physician and my physician tells me to call CHP I don't think any of them know what there doing..

pokie123
on 1/21/09 1:47 am - Quincy, FL
hello,

I don't know why rhey are giving you the run around.  Call member services and tell them exactly what you are trying to do.
Michael Eak
on 1/22/09 2:47 pm - Largo, FL
Neel, I had the same problem with my Primary. I had to contact my Insurance first then even had to change to a Primary that would get on board as to approving my quest to receive WLS. As to Approval your Surgeon's office will/should be handling that aspect of the Journey.

Good Luck, were here for you, Mike

Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
crystal220
on 1/24/09 9:46 am
Hey Neel,

I wexpeirence the same thing. My insurance company told me to call my primary care and primary care told me to call insurance company. I foind it to be hilarious and 2 seconds from frustrating. What I learned is you have to become pro actively involved in each step of this process. Begin with your insurance company and ask them where to find your wls benefits coverage details. Write the name of each person that you speak with on this journey. Start with your insurance company. The primary care can provide the supervised diet if necessary from the insurance.

Start with insurance company.

~NEVER SAY NEVER~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views