Moving to Orlando Area

Nancy6540
on 1/14/09 8:14 pm - Orlando, FL
I will be moving to the Orlando area the first of April.  I would love any helpful information you can provide on the area.  I will need to find a new doctor for follow up care. 

I am on facebook if you would like to add me as a friend.  You can find me by my email address. 

[email protected]

Thanks,
Nancy

Redhaired
on 1/16/09 12:22 am - Mouseville, FL
What part of the area will you be moving to?  There are a couple of WLS in the area.  There is US Bariatrics at Celebration Health, Dr. Keith Kim, and Dr. Lou Harold.  There may be others but these are the ones with which I am familiar.

Red

Nancy6540
on 1/16/09 2:49 am - Orlando, FL
Thanks!  We will be moving to Lake Mary.  We are now moving in February instead of April.

Redhaired
on 1/16/09 2:56 am - Mouseville, FL
Wow that is coming up quick.  If you look at the posts below this one you will a post about a support group that meets in Orlando.  I have never been to this support group (it always meets at night) but I am sure if you went you could lots of good information.

Red

maris_38
on 1/19/09 1:14 pm - Orlando, FL
Lake Mary is quite a hike from Celebration (basically the completely opposite ends of the city) but with the freeways it may not be too bad.  I did a lot of looking for a good program in Orlando and I went to Dr Kim.  Basically has a whole practice with dedicated nutritionist, exercise physiologist and psychologist.  I've found Dr Kim and his staff to be very, very good.
Nancy6540
on 1/19/09 3:50 pm - Orlando, FL
Thank you for this information.  I grew up in rual Missouri and had to drive for 45 minutes just to go to the Mall, so I don't mind having to drive a way to get to where I need to be.  I will check out there program.  Thanks

Annie Q.
on 2/19/09 7:46 pm - Ocoee, FL
Welcome to Orlando!!!

There is another doctor in Ocala, Dr. Jiwad.  I'm not sure Ocala is terribly far from you - might be about the same distance as Celebration.  However, I will vouch for Dr. Kim and his office - they are spectacular, thorough and are all about lifelong health and wellness - you will not go wrong there!

If you need any help with the city, I'm essentially a lifer here - I'm originally from Daytona, so my travels haven't taken me far from my hometown.

I'm on facebook - [email protected] or you can just e-mail me.

Annie =)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views