Long Journey (would like some support)

Shannon Neel
on 1/14/09 9:28 am - Chattahoochee, FL
I have a year long journey ahead of me before i can get approved for surgery...I have Capital Health Plan insurance they require a 12 months and a lot of goals met before they will approve anyone...if anyone else has had to do this let me know about your story, as it may help me with my journey......I need friends and a lot of support to do this....

Thanks,
 Shannon

Redhaired
on 1/14/09 1:36 pm - Mouseville, FL
Shannon-
I do not know anything about your health plan but I have known others that have had to do the supervised diet thing in order to get approval.  I wish you much success.  Just don't give up -- you know that is what they are hoping you will do so that they will not have to pay for your surgery.  Don't give them that satisfaction.  Post here often so we can support you as you go through this process.

Red

keepontrying
on 1/15/09 8:20 am - Jacksonville, FL
What kind of plan are they putting you on?
Redhaired
on 1/15/09 10:16 pm - Mouseville, FL
Your reply came to me at my email address.  You may want to send the original poster a PM to be sure he sees the question.

Red

AshleyDillo
on 1/18/09 10:12 am - Tallahassee, FL
I had Capital Health Plan when I lived in Tallahassee and I didn't even think about trying to get approved for surgery with them.  I figured since they were a subsidiary fo BCBS that it would be excluded across the board.

12 months is rough, but it should help knowing that your insurance does cover the surgery!  I have to do 6 months on mine, but it feels like a breeze and I'm so much happier knowing that there will be an end to this battle and I will soon be on the losing side.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views