VSG surgeon suggestions

crystal220
on 1/11/09 12:58 pm
Looking for an experienced, pref COE surgeon to do VSG. HELP

Looking for an angel!!!
sandyfeets
on 1/12/09 11:37 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
I know my surgeon does VSG, at a COE in Jacksonville.  But surely there are others closer to you.

crystal220
on 1/13/09 4:58 am
Thank you Sandyfeet for your response. I might wanto keep it close to home for sure support before and after care from family/friends.

But thank you much for your concern and reply!
SteveGreen
on 1/12/09 2:45 pm
I'm having VSG 2/3/09 Dr Perez in Fort Lauderdale. Holy Cross Hospital
crystal220
on 1/13/09 4:59 am
Hi Steve and thank you as well for your reply. Are you going thru your insurance for the procedure with Dr. Perez? If so, what insurance?
SteveGreen
on 1/13/09 6:33 am
No I am self pay
gatormom6
on 1/13/09 8:21 am
 There is my surgeon, Dr. Keith Kim at FL Hospital in Celebration (Orlando).  He did my VSG and I am absolutely loving the staff and after care.  The NUT is great and access to an exercise physiologist comes with your program.

I was self-pay but I have seen folks making insurance co-payments in the office for their visits.

Linda R.
on 1/18/09 3:47 am - WPB, FL
I had my surgery at Cleveland Clinic in Weston.  The surgeon was Dr. Raul Rosenthal.  He was excellent, and the facility was top notch.  Saw you asked someone else about insurance...I was self-pay as my insurance had a specific exclusion.

Linda

(Ticker includes 25 lbs lost pre-op)
crystal220
on 1/18/09 4:56 am
Thank you Linda. Did you attend a information session or you schedule a consultation with Dr. Rosenthal? I have heard his name 3x"s already...Wow...he must good. Regarding the specific exclusion regarding your insurance... do you remember what it was?

~NEVER SAY NEVER~

Linda R.
on 1/19/09 8:09 am - WPB, FL
Actually, I went on the Cleveland Clinic web site and scheduled a consult w/Dr. R without attending an information session, because I had a friend who used him for her RNY.  But I had read about the sleeve on their web site, and knew right away that was the procedure I wanted.  After the consult, when I wanted to go ahead with the surgery, I had to go back and attend the informational session because it was required prior to surgery.  So I would say you should attend that session whether or not you might go ahead with surgery because it was very informative and provided all the post op program information you'll be expected to follow.

The exclusion in my health insurance was for any type of weight loss related procedure.  It was pretty broad and there was no way around it.

Good luck with your research...I hope you'll be as pleased with the VSG as I am.

Linda

(Ticker includes 25 lbs lost pre-op)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views