Hi Everyone! New here from Jax

angelic3432
on 1/4/09 8:27 am
I am 27, will be 28 on Feb 1st and I really have been considering lap band for the last year. Lately I dont want to leave my house...I wear the same clothes all the time because I'm overweight ***5'8 and 280lbs***. I want my life back. I have dieted and dieted and nothing works. What stinks is I had BCBS HMO before and now my job has switched all to Aetna Comprehensive? I called and they do cover Lap Band but only pay 80% where BCBS would have paid 100%. I go on 1/15/09 to the 1st meeting to learn about lap band but I am excited. I hope I get approved..I dont know if I have any co-morbidities though....sorry for the long post....
sandyfeets
on 1/4/09 12:39 pm - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
Hi Welcome.
I see you've chose Steve Webb as your surgeon.
He is very good as are his colleagues.
Best of luck to you as you head down road.

Ed W.
on 1/4/09 8:09 pm - Casselberry, FL
Welcome to the Sunny Florida board!!

Ed

HIghest Weight - 287 /Surgery Weight - 278  /Curent Weight - 150/Goal - 154 

angelic3432
on 1/5/09 5:16 am
hi to you both! I actually dont know how to change my dr. I switched from Webb to Baptista/Cywes....
Under C.
on 1/19/09 3:33 am - jacksonville, FL
I'd stick with Baptista. Your appt day determines who you're with as they alternate days in the office. Baptista has a better beside manner and really seems to care.
Brandi B.

AshleyDillo
on 1/5/09 8:36 am - Tallahassee, FL

I just attended the new patient orientation for the Novus program that Dr. Webb uses.  The staff there seem very nice and positive and I'm excited about working with them.

If you do not already, you need to get a PCP and get them on board.  Novus requires that you have a PCP who supports your decision.  If you're not sure you have any co-morbidities, your PCP will check into all that for you.  It will definitely help you get approved for the surgery to have them.  All the paperwork that I've seen mentions an Aetna comprehensive 3-month plan.  I don't know if it will be a requirement for your plan or not--but just wanted to give you a heads up.

Also, the Novus program has a $1500 minimum program fee that might not be covered by your insurance plan.  So plan on paying that in addition to the 20% and various co-pays for doctor's visits.

I'm excited to finally get the process going after 6 years of saving up for self-pay and then getting a job with insurance that covers it!

Ziggykats
on 1/6/09 6:32 am - FL
RNY on 04/30/08 with
Ditto on Dr Webb and his colleagues. 
Wish you the very best!!!!

Kathy
Jaime D.
on 1/8/09 9:47 pm - Kingsland, GA
Welcome!  I am getting lapband with Dr. Jawad in 10 days!  I am so excited!  I do the same thing as you with the clothes.  I have like 10 outfits that all look pretty much the same that I wear everyday.  Its so sad.  I can't wait to wear regular jeans again! 

I hope you get your approval! 
Jaime
Start/Preop/current/goal
248/236/224/140

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views