cost of bariatric surgery

jsmith7747
on 1/3/09 1:25 am - rochester , NY

I have heard a rumor that a surgeon is about to make a major announcement about bariatric surgery costs in the US.  Apparently he is concerned about so much money going out of the US and that he believes that with the economy the way it is, all americans need to step up and help each other.

Apparently he/she is about to announce nationally that Gastric sleeves in the US will be done for 11K and RNY's and RNY revisions will be done for 13.5K and will include airline tickets and stay.

I have been told they are going to match the lap band pricing out of mexico too.

I think this would be great, but what do you think?

Redhaired
on 1/4/09 4:48 am, edited 1/4/09 4:49 am - Mouseville, FL
I do not have a clue as this relates to gastric bypass and/or lap bands.  But there are a couple of DS surgeons who have long had self pay rates that were competitive with the out of country surgeons.

As to rumors of some big announcement -- I say hooey.  I see it as someone taking advantage of the slow economy to get some free publicity to drum up business, and let the buyer beware.

Red

ETA-- I just noticed you only joined OH yesterday, there is no information on your profile and you are in NY and this is the Florida board.  I have to wonder if you are trying to drum up some business for said surgeon. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views