Recommendations for Primary care physicians So. Florida

findurpassion
on 1/2/09 7:00 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey everyone! I'm relocating to the South Florida area...Weston, Miramar, Pembroke Pines...and I'm looking for a great primary care doc and then a bariatric surgeon. I've been on the waiting list for quite a while --6mths at the Naval hospital..but its time to move and I won't be able to have surgery with the Navy. So any help is appreciated. Thanks!
big_miami_red
on 1/5/09 1:35 am - miami, FL
My PCP is in Sunrise:

Dr. Keviene Rutherford 954-514-0005

And the sugeon that I'm hoping for is Dr. Carlos Carresquilla 954-625-3376
"All of us experience change in our lives. Change is the one constant in our lives. There are changes that we look forward too and change that we fear. However, one thing is for sure. Things will not stay the same no matter how much we would like them too. When a life change occurs, we have two choices in how to respond. We can despair that a change has come and assume that things will be worse, or we can look with excitement at the new possibilities that the change presents. "
CaymanMaven
on 1/7/09 7:02 am - Coconut Grove, FL
I don't  know if you want to come all the way down to Coral Gables, but my PCP, Esther Levin is incredible with WLS patients. She has a number of them, and is very enthusiastic. She will even do peer to peer with your insurance company if that is needed.

http://levincardiology.com/AboutUs.html

As far as a bariatric surgeon, you can't do better than Dr Michel Gagner at Mt. Sinai in Miami Beach.

Good luck!

"You've gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?"

Keep your eye on the prize!

SW 235/CW 175/GW 155

amandamorgan
on 1/8/09 3:49 am, edited 1/8/09 3:51 am - MIRAMAR, FL
In pembroke pines on 178th st is Silver Lakes Family Medicine. The ARNP there is great and the MD Dr. Aida Junco is excellent as well.

Also check out www.hollywoodbariatrics.com

Amanda
June 10, 2008--262
June 12, 2009--154
Goal 149

Linda R.
on 1/18/09 3:53 am - WPB, FL
I had my WLS (VSG) at the Cleveland Clinic in Weston, FL.  It's about an hour away from West Palm Beach, where I live.  The facility and the doctors and staff there were so excellent, that I started using one of their internists, Dr. Lawrence Beck, post-op for my PCP.  Lucky for me, they have a satellite office in West Palm Beach so I don't have to go all the way to Weston for PCP appointments.  They take all types of insurance.  I highly recommend using the Cleveland Clinic for both bariatric and regular services.

Linda

(Ticker includes 25 lbs lost pre-op)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views