Upcoming initial consultation w/ Dr. Jawad / Ocala, FL?

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/08 2:20 am

I'm not sure what to expect. I am quite prepared for this consultation but, I'm not just sure what to expect. I'm hoping to meet someone here who can enlighten me on the initial process. If there is paper work that I can bring to the initial consult that maybe helpful to shorten the time line. Any ideas and suggestions are welcomed. Please give me a list on what to bring.  I am so pressed for time (please see my latest post),  I want to be as much as prepared as I possible can. Thank you in advance for your support and help!

Thanx Blsmbry 

Jaime D.
on 12/10/08 6:21 am, edited 12/10/08 6:22 am - Kingsland, GA
Get there early!  The first one in is the first one out!!  There is not much paper work, just a lot of waiting!  you meet Dr jawad and he goes over the 3 types of surgery that he does.  Then he takes you in the back 3 at a time and you discuss what one is best for you!  He seems like a great dr!  Good luck!  I have my surgery with him on the 19th of Jan!
zipchick
on 12/10/08 11:29 pm

Let me see...
I dont really think there is too much that you can do except bring your paperwork filled out and your money too.  They will discuss the different surgerys and speak with you individually about your medical history. You will get a package of required paperwork that has to be filled out by the different doctors you will need to see. If you have time constraints make sure you get your required doctor's appointment's done as quickly as possible.  I had to get an ultrasound on my gallbladder, a psych consult, bloodwork and meet with a dietician.  I saw Dr Richard (?) Marcil on Colonial Drive for the psych consult and the dietician on Dr. Jawad's paperwork.  Her name is Jen and she will do a phone consult with you since she is in Ocala,  There is another consultation right before your surgery but after your surgery has been scheduled.  That consult is an all day event!  Good Luck!

Enter

Genblosum08
on 12/11/08 9:57 am - Fleming Island, FL

All you need to bring is your ins card, paperwork they sent you all filled out and your copay.    I got there early and was the first on the list. Once they go over the different types of surgeries and other info they start calling you back (in order from the sign in list)  to give you a list of test you have to have done. All I can say is get the test done asap. Once you have everything completed and your dr supervised diet they will send in everything to your ins. Call and check with YOUR ins. and see what the guidelines are for WLS and the supervised diet. That is what the hold up for me was.  It only took my ins two days to approve once  I had everything done. Good Luck!!!!!!!!

princess3375
on 12/26/08 10:29 am
Every one covered the most important information.  I just wanted to congratulate you on choosing the best doctor.  Very smart decision.-Char
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views