South Florida Lap Band Doctors

Keeshia22
on 12/6/08 11:15 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hi, I'm planning on getting the Lap-Band surgery soon. So right now I'm researching different doctors. i will be paying for it out of pocket. So I wanted suggestions from my fellow South Floridians of possible doctors that I should check out.
Maggi K.
on 12/7/08 1:25 pm - Royal Palm Beach, FL
Hi there!
I have seen two lapband doctors.  I had my lapband placed by Andrew Larson at JFK in Atlantis near West Palm Beach.  Then I recently had Paul Wizman do surgery to fix a prolapse.  I understand that Dr, Wizman has an office in Margate FL.  I like him.  I think he is honest and really caring.  He just came back from overseas,  He was doing charity work there.  There are a couple others in the Lauderdale and West Palm Beach area, too.
Maggi
Keeshia22
on 12/7/08 8:47 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thank you Maggi!
"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip." ~Keesh                
amandamorgan
on 12/9/08 6:59 am - MIRAMAR, FL
I'm a RNY but surgical consultants of hollywood is great. if you google surgical consultants of hollywood there page come up. I was very happy.

Amanda
June 10, 2008--262
June 12, 2009--154
Goal 149

Derek T.
on 12/10/08 11:44 pm - Miami Lakes, FL
Hi Keeshia,

My surgeon was Dr. Nestor De La Cruz and I highly recommend him. He and is staff take care of you from beginning to end of the process to have WLS and his program is a complete program whereby they have an education component, nutritionist, etc. already lined up for you. They take the guess work out of WLS.

Before making up my mind to go with Dr. De La Cruz, I went to the seminar hosted by Dr. Thomas Bass. He seemed like a great candidate to do my surgery, but his office kind of left me out there on my own to figure things out. The insurance companies have a tons of rules and thigns they want you to do in order to be approved for surgery. Since you are self-paying, that won't be a problem for you.

Anyway try looking up both surgeons I mentioned, but Dr. Dela Cruz has my vote, hands down. As a matter of fact, he's doing my wife's lap band in about 2 weeks.

Best of luck to you!

"Never allow anyone to place a "period" in your life. Other people may add commas, or dashes and semi-colons, but only GOD can end the sentence!"

AButterfly
on 12/14/08 4:10 am

Hey! My Doctor, Dr. Whitwell does lap band for pretty good prices...i was self pay too but i got a sleeve... you should check it out... xoxo and good luck !
"Just when the caterpillar thought its life was over... it became A Butterfly"     5'8

SW: 250lbs.. GW: 140.. Goal in 9 months.. LW: 114lbs.. CW: 130lbs.. New GW: 120lbs..

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views