Looking for lapband.

ginblosom007
on 11/24/08 12:53 pm - middleburg, FL
Hi, my name is Jennifer.  I live in Clay county Florida.  I have diabetes and a heart issue called SVT, which i have had treated with surgery but my symptoms still  persist.  My pcp keeps telling me that weight loss is required, but am having trouble dieting with my diabetes and heart issues.  As my BMI is not high enough for bypass, I am interested in lab band surgery.  I have Medicaid/United healthcare which is called Americhoice here in Jacksonville area.  I have contacted all the doctors on the provider list and there are no bariatric surgeons and none of them I contacte accept Americhoice.  I was wondering if anyone out there might have americhoice and give me a direction to run? 

If anyone out there can help me, i would GREATLY appreciate it?!

Jennifer
Redhaired
on 11/24/08 10:21 pm - Mouseville, FL

There is a sticky post at the top of the forum that has information about surgeons that accept medicaid, perhaps you could contact one of the surgeons listed there.  Good luck.

Red

ginblosom007
on 11/25/08 12:44 am - middleburg, FL
Thank you for the reply, I've contacted all the surgeons listed in my area on that sticky note, but none of them accept the "Americhoice" medicaid... that is where my problem begins. 

jennfier
Kimberly H.
on 11/26/08 10:41 pm - FL
Have you called Dr. Robert Marema in St. Augustine?  He is at Flagler Hospital.

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/08 2:02 am - Orlando, FL
As the poster before me suggested, call Dr. Robert Marema at Flagler Hospital, St. Augustine.  I know he accepts Medicaid.  His staff is very nice too and can answer any questions.  He is, by the way, an excellent surgeon. You would be in good hands with Dr. Marema and his staff.  He recently performed a revision on my sister and she's doing great.

Best of luck to you!
Kristen H.
on 11/28/08 1:01 pm - Orlando, FL
Hi Jennifer,

I was a longtime SVT patient until I had multiple extra pathways (9!) ablated in 2000. Persistent symptoms with obesity are common, I am sorry to say.

Have you checked with UHC Medicaid lately? I just ready yesterday that UHC is closing their Medicaid plans. I hope that I am wrong.

Kristen
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
wings
on 12/14/08 2:08 pm - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Hi Jen
I am a lap band patient of 3-years.  I live in Oho but I am moving to Fort myers Beach in June 2009.  I have lost 120 and I loved my band until the wt stopped and I loosing wt.  I am looking into DS.  I don't know what your BMI has to be for DS but if I were you I would check out all options.  I do know that medicare pays for DS.  I am trying to find out about revision.  lap band does work but only to a certain point and DS has a very high cure rate on your problems.  please check it out before finalizing your WLS.
Wings
ginblosom007
on 12/14/08 10:04 pm - middleburg, FL
I think I may have found a doctor willing to take my insurance, i have faxed them all my info and am waiting to get a date for a consult.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views