Vickie J - tallahasee

Qbandiva
on 11/18/08 8:50 am - Naples, FL
http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/profile.php ?N=J1089848953

Does Anyone have any info about Vickie J? I was looking in the memorial section about another person and noticed that she has passed away.

Vickie was a dear woman who offered up kind words during some of my BAD days..... I'm truly shocked!

God rest her soul!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."   "Be yourself....everyone else is taken"

Before: 348 (01/01/2005) 
After:   165
Redhaired
on 11/19/08 1:16 am - Mouseville, FL
As I recall, Vicki had, it was either an internal hernia or a blockage.  She was traveling and initially went to a small hospital -- by the time she got transferred to a larger better equipped hospital it was too late.

Yes, she was a dear woman who was a kind, gentle voice on this forum.  She always had a kind encouraging word for everyone.  She is missed.

Red

BullDog Lady
on 11/26/08 5:27 am - Somewhere GREAT!
Hey lady,

Good to see ya again!Red is right--from what I was told it was a blockage.   Vicki was such a dear sweet woman.

Becky

****Becky***** @}------- @}--------

MizCathy
on 12/16/08 6:46 am - Tallahassee, FL
Hey all,

I was so saddened to hear that Vickie J. passed away.  She was so great and wonderful to me when I had my surgery.  She came to the hospital and brought me all the wonderful notes and cards that were sent from the wonderful people hear at Obesity Help.  I really liked her.  She was a lot of fun.  My prayers go out to her and her family.

Cathy
Tallahassee, Florida

Cathy
miniplk
on 1/8/09 7:46 am - Davie, FL
Hi

You look awesome in your photo. I hope you are feeling well.

Yes, it is really devastating about Vickie. Remember the great fun we all had together at the Fashion Show in Ft. Lauderdale. She had an intestinal blockage and did not receive medical help fast enough to save her. It is very frightening. I had the same issue and July of 2007. Thank God I survived.

I did a memorial article about Vickie in my newsletter. By the way we have changed our meeting location. Do you ever get over to the East coast much? We now meet in Davie. It would be great to see you again.

Regards,
Paula
Qbandiva
on 1/8/09 10:34 am - Naples, FL
We did have a blast....My heart broke a little when I read the memorial page.  Would you believe I also had an intestinal blockage in July 07? They went in and took care of things and I'm here....by the grace of god!

Sadly, I don't get over to the east cost much other than on the weekends. Maybe I can join you sometime when and where?

Take care and healthy, happy new year!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."   "Be yourself....everyone else is taken"

Before: 348 (01/01/2005) 
After:   165
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views