sheduled with Dr. Nye!!!

erin_akey
on 11/12/08 1:49 pm - AL
I am so excited!  January 27th is the big day for me!  I had my labwork today and do my psych and nutrition eval next week.  I am so ready, but also a little nervous!  Anyone else use this Dr. in Pensacola?
www.bariatricguru.com
Yes you CAN be a Bariatric Guru!
Tune in to FM TALK 106.5 Sundays from 12-1pm central for my show Fit LIving!  Listen live online at www.fmtalk1065.com .  We discuss life after weight loss surgery and living a healthy lifestyle!  Call in with questions for our expert guests!
"LIKE" us on Facebook- The Bariatric Guru

Redhaired
on 11/12/08 11:34 pm - Mouseville, FL
Good luck.  I hope it all goes well for you.
Red

sweetbabi
on 11/15/08 12:59 pm - Haines City, FL
He just did my rny on the 4th. I think he did a great job and am very happy. Good luck with your surgery.

erin_akey
on 11/15/08 1:20 pm - AL
Thank you for the reply.  I am pretty excited and think he will do a great job.  I just have a few jitters about going under.....but that's normal I guess.
www.bariatricguru.com
Tune in to FM TALK 106.5 Sundays from 12-1pm central for my show Fit LIving!  Listen live online at www.fmtalk1065.com .  We discuss life after weight loss surgery and living a healthy lifestyle!  Call in with questions for our expert guests!

Patty.W
on 11/18/08 1:56 pm
Erin, you are in good hands. He is a great doctor.  I have had no problems.  Well I hae to have my gall bladder out tomorrow, but I don't relate that to my WLS.

Good luck!

erin_akey
on 11/19/08 11:22 am - AL
Thanks for the info.  I am really excited and just love everyone at the Bariatric Center there.  I had my psych and nutrition evals today and now I am so ready for this surgery!!
www.bariatricguru.com

USAF Wife
on 11/21/08 6:52 am
Dr. Nye performed my lapband ! ! ! He is a great doctor, I have no true complaints. Just make sure that the nurses in the bariatric wing take care of you. I had one nurse make me "pull" myself up into the bed, and I apparently popped an internal suture. Low and behold I had a hematoma form, horrible bruising that wrapped around my entire right side of my stomach under my port incision. . .

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

erin_akey
on 11/21/08 11:04 pm - AL
WOW....that happened at Baptist? They should know better...... hope I do not have that nurse!
www.bariatricguru.com

sweetbabi
on 11/24/08 9:56 am - Haines City, FL
The only problem I had with one of the nurses was that he didn't bring me what I needed. It was the night nurse and it was a guy ( I don't remember his name). I'd tell him and he'd do something else and forget. So don't be scared to press your button to call a different nurse. Although, I always got my pain meds when I needed them. they daytime nurses that I had were awesome. I was only there for 1 day. I had my surgery Tuesday morning and was out by 4 PM the next day.

jonelle32514
on 11/30/08 10:09 am - Pensacola, FL
Good luck to you!!!! I love Dr Nye!!! He is wonderful, as well as his staff.  I did not like one of the nurses at Baptist.  She was kinda rude, but everything was great.  So far I have lost all my weight and have not had any issues.  You will do great!!! Are you going to any of the support groups? I have never been, I was thinking of going to the one in Dec. 

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr