Dr. Kim/Florida Hospital Celebration

kangasuz
on 11/1/08 1:28 pm - Sanford, FL
Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Kim at Florida Hospital Celebration? Anything you can tell me about his pre-op and post-op program is greatly appreciated! I had been looking into Morton Plant Mease in Clearwater, but my primary physician will refer me to only FH, which is ok with me because they're a Center of Excellence.

Thank you!
Redhaired
on 11/2/08 12:32 am - Mouseville, FL

In all of the years I have been on this  board I have only seen positive comments about Dr. Kim, his staff and Celebration Health.  Good luck.

Red

kangasuz
on 11/2/08 5:46 am - Sanford, FL
That's good to hear... thanks.
beachmusic43
on 11/2/08 2:33 am
I suggest that you look into Dr. Jawad in Ocala before making your decision.  Look up under
Jawadmd.com.  He is the best and truly an artist and has a ton of experience.
kangasuz
on 11/2/08 5:47 am - Sanford, FL
I've seen several positive posts about Dr. Jawad, but unfortunately, my primary physician will only refer me to Celebration. Also, I'd like to stay local for follow-up reasons. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
Kimberly H.
on 11/2/08 4:45 pm - FL
Muukie917
on 11/3/08 6:38 pm - Manhattan Beach, CA
My husband and I traveled to different surgeons with in Florida and at the end Dr Jawad was the best fit. Even being 2.5 drive for us.
Talk to your PCM and do your research. It should be your choice.

IMHO Jawad was the best and I am down almost 90 lbs and am loving life
    Life should not be measured by the numbers of breathe we take but by                      the moments that take our breathe away....      
                                   PROUD WIFE OF AN US AIRMAN

bunnytails
on 11/3/08 8:04 pm - Orlando, FL
I had Dr. Kim and my surgery was done at Celebration Health.  I give all high marks and Dr. Keith Kim was great.  His staff has always been there everytime I had questions.  They would follow up.   They have an excelent support group as well.  Dr. Kim was originaly with US Bariatric but now is the Director of the Bariatric unit Celebration Health.   I had my surgery OCT 1,2007 .  I made my goal and continue to maintain.  A+++ in my book
Neice

kangasuz
on 11/8/08 11:42 am - Sanford, FL
That's awesome to hear. Did he give you a certain number of pounds you had to lose pre-op?? I'm worried about that. His team seems great, so I'm really looking forward to this process.

Suzi
bunnytails
on 11/8/08 7:26 pm - Orlando, FL
He did put me on a pre-op diet and said any weight loss prior to surgery would only benefit you.   I only lost 5 lbs on my pre-op diet.   The lower your BMI the better.  My BMI was 40 if your higher he would like you to loose as much as you can.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views