Support group SW Fla.??????????

mellysarah03
on 10/26/08 11:40 pm, edited 10/26/08 11:40 pm - Fort Myers, FL
I am a pre-Op DSer of Dr. Gagner's schedualed for next week. Right now Im wondering if there are any WLS support groups locally as I dont really want to drive all the way to miami and may need the support?? any info would be greatly appreciated.

I used to make excuses why I cant Now I make reasons why I CAN!!
155LBS GONE FOREVER!! LIVING LIFE... I LOVE MY DS

kn29
on 10/27/08 9:17 am - Naples, FL
Hi I live in Naples. My surgeon is located in Hialeah and they have like 200 people once a month for that support group(which I have not ever been able to go yet due to money and kids) So , I too looked around and called up for support groups. I went to the one I found in Naples and there were only 3 people. It wasn't any help to me I was disappointed the people were nice but It wasn't what I was looking for.That is why I come to OH daily. I need support and would love to know if you are able to find anything. Please PM me if you ever do. Thanks and good luck.
bkg 5kn29 **I want to be free from this body I'm trapped in!     

picture 

MDwife
on 10/28/08 9:22 am - Thornhill, Canada

Just want to tell you that I love your avitar!!

BTW...do you have your insurance approval yet?
If not, I hope you get it soon and have a smooth and uneventfull surgery!
If you do have your approval, then Congrats...

Take care

so happy to be losing and "healthy" once again!! 

Redhaired
on 10/28/08 10:31 pm - Mouseville, FL
Sarah-
There are a couple of you guys over in that part of the state, maybe you could carpool over to Orlando for our group.  The thing about support groups is that so many of them are focused on RNY and lap band. 

Red

mellysarah03
on 10/28/08 10:54 pm - Fort Myers, FL
uhg really? Unfortunately Orlando is even farther from me than Miami is. Who were you refering to?

I used to make excuses why I cant Now I make reasons why I CAN!!
155LBS GONE FOREVER!! LIVING LIFE... I LOVE MY DS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views