Support Group - Tampa, FL

marksgirl
on 10/21/08 2:34 pm - riverview, FL
I am new to the Tampa, FL area and am staying on Macdill Airforce Base - does anyone know of any local support groups in the area? I have already had surgery 8 months ago - I just need to get back the support I had in Beaufort, SC

Thanks
Redhaired
on 10/22/08 12:42 am - Mouseville, FL
I am sure others more knowledgeable about the area will pipe in but you might want to call Tampa General Hospital.  I know that Dr. Murr does surgery there so there may be a support group there that you can attend and it is not that far from McDill.

Red

marksgirl
on 10/22/08 1:19 am - riverview, FL
I really appreciate the reply - I'm new here and I don't know anyone.  I did contact Tampa General and they do have support groups - however - they have suspended them until January due to the holidays - I think that is ridiculous - as the holidays can be the hardest :-) They plan to resume the group in January 2009.

Jaclynn00
on 10/23/08 2:17 am - Riverview, FL
Brandon Regional Hospital also has a support group.  I know it's a bit far for you to go, but I understand it's worth it. 
Welcome to Tampa!!

Redhaired
on 10/23/08 3:12 am - Mouseville, FL
I was born and raised in Tampa but I have not lived there for 35 years!  I will be having surgery at the Tampa VA hospital in November.  I am hoping I will have time to find a devil crab!

Red

FLGail
on 10/23/08 6:52 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi, I help run a support group the second tuesday at 630 Pm at the American Legion on 2105W. Jamicia St. in Tampa. It is at the entrance to McFarland ParkThe next meeting is November 11th.
Hope to see you there.   Gail

marksgirl
on 10/23/08 11:29 am - riverview, FL
Thanks so much - I will be there
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views