Dr. Wizman

Maggi K.
on 10/19/08 3:46 am - Royal Palm Beach, FL

Has anyone had surgery by Dr. Wizman?  I have an appointment with him tomorrow for a second opinion on complications from my two year lapband.  His office staff seems very nice.  Any patients?

Margaret

PMSmama
on 10/19/08 5:06 am, edited 10/19/08 5:08 am
Hi Margaret,

I'm not a patient (almost was), but I have 5 family members who used him. Three are having ptoblems and the other 2 are doing fine. What I've heard is his follow up care isn't all that. I've been told that he's not great with "issues". Now, with that being said, if he didn't do your surgery then I think you'll be fine. He's a nice man with lots of energy and yes, his office staff is nice.

If you need your band removed, my guess is he'll suggest the Sleeve. My aunt had a revision from the band to the sleeve and is doing great! I'm having my sleeve done on 10/28 with Dr. Perez in Ft. Lauderdale.

Good luck to you!!
~Miss Dolly~
on 10/19/08 8:46 am - Somewhere on the beach, FL
Hi Margaret,

I am not a patient of Dr WIzman only because i had surgery before I moved to FLorida. I am 5 years post op now and most of my follow up is done with my PCP. If I ever need something done I would feel very secure in calling Dr WIzman.

I do work as a nurse with a certificate in nutrition and weight loss management in the Bariatric community and I have been very impressed with Dr Wizman and his staff.

I think you will be very impressed with him.

If you ever need any help or just want to talk please feel free to email me at

[email protected]

When you go see him if he suggests converting you to a sleeve and you prefer gastric bypass, Dr. Rosenthal of CLeveland CLinic converts failed bands to bypass and he too is an awesome surgeon.

Teresa formerly known as ~Miss Dolly~
Surgery helped me transform from a misreable unhealthy size 32/34 to a happy, healthy person who can shop from the racks of any store... Life Matters!

RNY 09/11/2003- Dr. Robert Shin

"To  beceome the butterfly that I was meant to be, I had to allow myself to fully emerge from the cacoon, I had to allow myself to fly"

Redhaired
on 10/19/08 1:39 pm - Mouseville, FL
Have you considered Dr. Gagner in Miami Beach.  He is a terrific revision surgeon.  He is well published and highly respected by his peers.  Plus his patients love him!

Red

Maggi K.
on 10/24/08 6:06 pm - Royal Palm Beach, FL

Thanks for all of the suggestions!!  I went to Dr. Wizman and think he is great!!  He seems very thorough.  He did find that I have a band slip.  Compared some xrays and it has been there awhile.  Explains alot of the problems I have been having.  Have an appointment with him next week to discuss the options.  I am changing doctors.

Thanks!

Maggi

edith in florida
on 11/1/08 1:16 am - Boynton Beach, FL
I am 5.5 years post op patient of Dr. Wizman's. I would trust this man 100 %. I have not had any problems with my bypass or any follow up care.
Best Wishes,
Edith Landi
Bellina925
on 11/2/08 11:12 pm - Margate, FL
I use Dr Wizman for fills .  He did 2 for me one with floro & one without. He was not my original surgeon. Dr Rumbaut in Monterrey MX place my band. I have been banded 3 years ++. & have not had a fill since my 1st year out. Anyway glad to hear that  you liked the Wizard. However I was wondering what kind of problems have you been having ??? What exactly are band slippage symptoms......   There reason I ask is because I feel on  most days like I am too tight & get sick after I eat... especially when I'm  upset yet I do not want to risk opening the band & end up gain weight .By the way my symptoms are nothing new Its been like this ever since my 3 & final fill. Some days I can eat & others not at all.....
PS I don't have insurance & that's why Ive been putting off getting checked out& or adjusted

1st Fill Oct.13 2cc
2nd Fill Jan.10 1.4cc
3rd Fill Jul.26 .5cc
4th Un-Fill .9cc  Currently 1cc in band  2012 
Sally Rai
 Gastric Lap-Band 8/22/05 Dr. Rumbaut -Monterrey MX
Full TT w/ BA & BL 11/3/06 Dr Krau - Bal Harbor Miami, FL
Scar Revision/ Skin Graft 6/12/07 Dr Krau
2nd Breast Lift / Scar Removal 3/6/08 Dr Krau
Lasik Eye Surgery 11/19/08 Dr Keival (Bascom & Palmer Eye Institute) Miami, FL
 Liposuction  Thighs only ( 2 litters total removed )1/14/10 Dr Strasser Coral Springs, FL

Pending LBL/ Lg Thigh Lift / Lipo Dr Sauceda Monterrey Mx 9/2013 or  10/2013

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views