Exercise????

prnati143
on 10/15/08 2:47 pm - Patchogue, NY
Hey everyone... I live Manatee county.. I am trying to find a trainer or physical therapist or something to do with weight management to help me loose some of my weight i need someone who specialiizes in obesity help because I weigh alot and can barely walk.....  I need someone who specializes in it so they can take there time and help me and focus on me.... and hopefully i can find someone.......
Redhaired
on 10/15/08 10:01 pm - Mouseville, FL
Why not see if your physician can make a referral to a physical therapist.  in that case your insurance might pay!

Red

prnati143
on 10/16/08 5:21 am - Patchogue, NY
that is true thank you......
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/08 5:25 am
Hi there,

The YMCA Bradenton Branch has a monitored physical fitness program geared to people with health and mobility difficulties.  The direct is Cheryl McCue and she can be reached at 792-7484 ext. 108 for an appointment.

I don't know if insurance covers something like this, but the YMCA does have sliding scales of payment for its various programs.

If you are a WLS patient of a local surgeon, perhaps that office can refer you to someone or some program directly.  If not, I suggest calling the Barriatric Program at Manatee Memorial to ask for assistance.

Best wishes to you.

Vicky
prnati143
on 10/17/08 1:42 pm - Patchogue, NY
okk thank you very much........
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here