Time it takes to get approved with avmed

Genblosum08
on 10/12/08 11:35 am - Fleming Island, FL
I've met with my doctors office, i have the list of testing that i need to have done. I work for the State and have Avmed. Does anyone have a time line of how long this will take? aS WE ALL KNOW WITH FLORIDA AND THERE BUDGET CUTS...... my judge is retiring at the end of the year and if i don't get picked up i won't have a job which means my ins. is only good through the end of Jan. Is this a waste of my time.....only to be disappointed?????
Redhaired
on 10/13/08 11:28 pm - Mouseville, FL
I do not know about AVMED but it is not a waste of time to investigate all of your options.  If this is something that you want -- then go for it!

Red

JUNEA1948
on 10/14/08 5:43 am - FL
I am a state employee that has AvMed.  The biggest problem I had was to make sure you have documented your six months of doctor supervised dieting, without skipping a month.  The rest was easy.  AvMed changed in the middle of my process with the doc supervised diet thing the beginning of January 07 and I did not know this until all my papers were sent in.   Also, all of your blood work and chest x-ray has to be within 30 days of surgery.  As long as you get these things done correctly as AvMed wants, you will soon be on the looser's bench.  Good luck and God Bless

June Ann

privatepath1
on 10/14/08 7:33 am - NF City, FL
Once I had all of my stuff done: blood work, pshy(sp) eval and dr. supervised diet it only took Avmed Open Access a week to approve me.  I work for the State of FL (DC).  Good Luck.
Genblosum08
on 11/3/08 10:49 pm - Fleming Island, FL
how long did you have to do your supervised diet?
AshleyDillo
on 11/3/08 8:17 pm - Tallahassee, FL
I have AvMed as a state employee as well.  I'm trying to get the ball rolling and I have an appointment with my PCP to talk about WLS.  Can I have this be the start of my 6 months?  Or do I need to start with talking to a surgeon?  Where do you get the list of requirements needed?  Is that something you have to request from AvMed or will the WLS surgeon be able to provide me the list of requirements of the insurance company?

I'm a relatively new state employee and I have to accumulate sick time in order to go to all these appointments and have the surgery--so I don't want to waste any of my time off with uneccesary vists.  I want to get all this done and on its way to approval in as few visits as possible!

I'm just worried that if I start the 6 months supervised with my PCP without having done a surgery consult yet that it won't count!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views