Brevard County, Great Support mtg. tonight, Thanks

nicole W.
on 10/6/08 2:48 pm - Bismarck, ND
Caren,
Thanks so much for putting this group together. It was just what I needed to get back on track. I came home and had one of those Latte protein drinks for a bedtime snack, and OMG they are the best. So, I forget who brought them, but PLEASE let me know what brand they are, I need to get some ASAP. With some Lactaid milk warmed up, I swore I was drinking a cappucino, and 23 g. protein is nothing to sneeze at. It was great to meet all of you ladies and gents, and I look forward to coming to the next meeting.
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
C-There
on 10/6/08 6:41 pm - Brevard County, FL
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=IO-1026

Syntrax Nectar is the brand and thanks to Denise for her kind gesture.  If you cant wait for the internet orders, there is The Vitamin Shoppe, which is directly across the mall we were at tonight (next to the Starbucks).  

I was so excited when more and more people kept showing up!  12 people in all!  Now if we were drinking coffee - we'd be there all night!  Thanks for coming and I'll be setting up another meeting soon. 
Muukie917
on 10/6/08 10:50 pm - Manhattan Beach, CA
Welcome to my wonderful world of Protein.. its so yummy and really can be added to so many thing.

At the first meeting I went to No one had heard of the Nectar and I said that I would bring some along. I am glad you loved it. Here is some more information about it.

Nectar Protein by Syntrax

Welcome to the critically acclaimed world of Syntrax NECTAR™! Gone are the days of low quality whey protein. Gone are the days of those blah-tasting protein drinks that promise much but deliver little. Syntrax NECTAR™ once-and-for-all breaks the mold by combining Promina, the highest quality whey protein isolate ever developed, with a flavoring system that is so fruitilicious that you will never drink another whey protein shake ever again. This protein powder having ZERO carbs and ZERO fat.

Servings per Syntrax Nectar container: ~36

Each serving of Syntrax Nectar contains: Calories 90 Calories from Fat 0 Total Fat 0 g Saturated Fat 0 g Cholesterol <5 mg Total Carbohydrates 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g Sugars 0 g Protein 23 g Calcium 160 mg Phosphorus 75 mg Magnesium 20 mg Sodium 60 mg Potassium 120 mg

Nutrition Facts vary slightly with each flavor.

Syntrax Nectar Recommended Use: Mix one to two scoops of Syntrax Nectar in 8 ounces of water per scoop. Consume Syntrax Nectar two to three times per day to satisfy your protein requirements. Remember, the best times for supplementing protein are first thing in the morning upon rising, after intense physical activity such as weight training and prior to sleep. nectar mixes instantly with a spoon and tastes great.

It was nice to see so many people at the meeting. Caren is really doing a great job. ( thanx again Caren)

Life should not be measured by the numbers of breathe we take but by                      the moments that take our breathe away....      
                                   PROUD WIFE OF AN US AIRMAN

nlanham
on 10/7/08 11:49 am - Melbourne, FL
Hi to all, it WAS a great time last night we always learn something new each time. We can't wait till the next meeting, could do this every week. Of course that would mean giving up a day at the gym . Hope to see you all next time.
Losing one day at a time  Neal ;-)>

native2u
on 10/12/08 6:28 am - Merritt Island, FL
It was great meeting everyone last Monday night. (sorry so late posting) I have been pretty busy again.

A HUGE thank you to Deb for really helping me with my appeal letter to Aetna. I mailed it priority mail last Friday morning. PLEASE send positive energy for me to be approved this time. This time, they have MORE than enough information.

The protein that Denise brought is pretty awesome stuff. I already have some at my house....just waiting for the surgery.

Not sure if I'm going to make the next meeting on the 20th. I'll have to see.....and it also depends on where its at.
Iwant2cmytoes
on 10/12/08 2:53 pm
Hello
I am new to the area. Can you tell me when the next support group meeting is in Brevard County? thank you

Gabby
native2u
on 10/13/08 12:56 am - Merritt Island, FL
Gabby,

Where are you located at? I'm in Merritt Island and Denise is in Rockledge...we normally carpool.
nicole W.
on 10/13/08 1:01 am - Bismarck, ND
Gabby,
Welcome to the area! I just moved here 2.5 months ago myself. The next meeting is tentatively set up for the 20th of October. C-there is the group leader. If you watch the board here, which is a great board, she usually posts information when she sets things up. Glad you found us here, hope you can make the next meeting.
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
C-There
on 10/14/08 9:53 am - Brevard County, FL
 PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING OR NOT: The next WLS Support Group Meeting will be held on Monday, 10/20/08 at 6:00 p.m. at the CLUBHOUSE of the apartment complex of “The Preserves of Long Leaf”, 4465 Preserve Drive, Melbourne, FL 32934, 321-254-8588. This is near the Suntree area. (This is a new complex-You can locate this on YAHOO Maps). This complex is located on North Wickham Road, between the Pineda Causeway and Post Road. When you turn into the complex (veer to the left) and follow the roads to the clubhouse. The entrance door for our meeting will be on the side of the building. We would like for you to share the following: 1. 1-2 pictures of your heaviest year pre-op; 2. Your story as to when and what was your “awakening” moment when you knew you needed to do something with your weight. 3. Private or Public – Do you share your WLS info. With others? Why or why not. I am currently in the process of looking for one location in Melbourne to have our meetings. So please bear with me at this time.
Charlene W.
on 10/14/08 9:05 pm - Melbourne, FL
It was so nice meeting all of you.  Chris and I enjoyed talking with everyone.  Not sure if we can make all of the meetings but we will stop in now and then.  Chris has a lot going on this week.  We are hoping to get a surgery date since his foot is healing nicely which is the only thing holding him back  at the moment.  My husband had to leave to go out of town late last night.  He got word that his mother is gravely ill in N.C.   I have a lot on my plate this week.  And of course it is Biketoberfest.  I guess I forgot to mention that I ride one of those crotch rockets that you hear such horrible things about ..lol.
See ya.
Char
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views