OT: Recommended Tatoo Artist Orlando

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/08 12:09 pm - Brooklyn Park, MN
Hi, I'm going to be on vacation in Orlando next week and am anxious to get a tatoo to celebrate losing 200lbs...I thought it might be nice to do it while I'm there.  I have a design already.  I know there are a billion artists around the Orlando area...does anyone on this board have a recommendation?

Paul
sandyfeets
on 10/5/08 12:21 pm - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
Check some of the sponsors of the Orlando Tattoo Convention...
They are on the webpage addy below.
Some of the bigger studios sponsor the event.

http://www.triedandtruetattooexpo.com/links.html

Redhaired
on 10/6/08 11:07 pm - Mouseville, FL
There was an article in the Orlando Sentinel a couple of weeks ago about Tattoos.  http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/health/orl-tattoo300 8sep30,0,5284447.story

Red

nicole W.
on 10/7/08 2:59 am - Bismarck, ND
HI Paul. I remember you from the MN board. I just moved down to this neck of the woods two months ago. You will love the weather down here, my family in MN was telling me it's a *****illy up there lately! If you want a bit of a drive, there is a really good place in Melbourne, about an hour from Orlando. Otherwise there are a few good places in Kissimee. Go to the beach when you get here, and ask people who's work you like where they got it done, that's how I have found the best artists, and I have quite a bit of ink. Most people are very open to telling you where they have gone, and who the artist was. Good luck, and WOW on 200 lbs. gone. That is amazing.
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
sweetbabi
on 10/8/08 2:17 am - Haines City, FL
Congrats on the 200 lbs. what are looking to get done (if you don't mind me asking)? I had mine done down at Old Town about 8 yrs ago. I don't remember who did it, but I love it and it still looks great. I'm from Kissimmee (I'm in Pensacola now though) so i have a bunch of friends that have had theirs done at Old Town also. My husband had one of his done in downtown Kissimmee (don't remember the name of the place though) and his is awful. The coloring is almost gone, never mind faded. Anyway, good luck. :)
Robina3778
on 10/8/08 8:59 am - Orlando, FL
I had my last 2 done at Scratch The Surface Tattoo on International Dr. The guy that did my most detailed one moved out of the area, but the other artists are really good as well. The owner is friends with some celebrities and does their tattoos as well.

Good luck with your tattoo and congrats on your loss!

-Robin
Start/Surgery/Current/Goal
 286248  226  /

nudijudi
on 10/17/08 8:41 am - lutz, FL
I've had three at Armadillo Red's in Kissimmee.  The first was 10 years ago and none of them have lost their color.  The shop is small, so appointments are necessary.  I don't know about the International Drive one, but I know people who have nice ones that were done in Olde Town.   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views