Preop appointment

ShellyYC
on 10/3/08 1:41 am - Orlando, FL
HAd my preop appt yesterday. I'm on the loser's bench this Wednesday. Can't wait.  Dr. Jawad and his staff have been awesome. it's a fine tune machine when you go to the clinic. Just counting down the days 5 left.
Shelly- The Cruising Queen

Redhaired
on 10/3/08 2:22 am - Mouseville, FL
Good luck Shelly.  I hope your surgery is successful and that you have an easy recovery.

Red

Robina3778
on 10/3/08 9:06 am - Orlando, FL
I have my pre-op with Dr. Jawad next week.
Can you tell me the reason that he requires someone over 18 to be there? Also, why do they say to plan for the whole day?

-Robin
Start/Surgery/Current/Goal
 286248  226  /

ShellyYC
on 10/3/08 10:15 am - Orlando, FL
Hey Robin,

You're up next. . Yes plan to be there all day. We got there at 9: 00 and did get finish with everything until 3:00pm. You are given all your preop info with all the other patients who are having surgery that same week as you. The patienst are separated by the type of surgery they are having the bypass in one area nad the lapband in another. the morning meeting is like the first consult Dr. Jawad goes over the procedure you are having and goes a little more into detail about the risks involved with the surgery. the Nut also goes over what you post op diet will be, even though you already have the packet from her already. I think the most important info comes from His assistant surgeon. I think her name is Sheila. she was very detailed in explaining what happens with your surgery. from the night before all the way up to your day of release. she explains the g-tube the post op diet what Dr. Jawad will do and so forth. It was a little confsuing about the way to take your supplements between her and the nut. after that you meet with Dr. Jawad and he goes over your record and give you a final check. after that you go the the hosptial to do your pre admission paperwork . you get a ekg,chest xray, pregnancy test and blood work done.  remember to bring something to eat because you can't leave until you are ready to go the hospital. which is about 1 to 2pm.

The reason for bringing a person with you I really didn't get a feel why. But it helps them understand what they will have to do for you before and after the surgery. I guess it is to ensure that you do have a support system in place because you will need someone there to take you home after you are released.  Since you are doing the liquid diet bring extra shakes or bars to get you through the morning other wise you will be starving.

Good luck and keep me updated

Shelly- The Cruising Queen

Robina3778
on 10/3/08 10:20 am - Orlando, FL
Thank you for all the information. That answers a lot of questions that I had.
Good luck on your surgery!
Start/Surgery/Current/Goal
 286248  226  /

Ed W.
on 10/4/08 4:19 am - Casselberry, FL
Good Luck Shelly and Robina! Hope it goes well for both of you!

Ed

HIghest Weight - 287 /Surgery Weight - 278  /Curent Weight - 150/Goal - 154 

nlanham
on 10/7/08 11:57 am - Melbourne, FL
The reason for the person over 18 is as a witness that they explained all the bad things that can happen to you. These are things that can happen during any surgery and of course after he explains it you will understand that none of that is going to happen to you. Dr. Jawad takes precautions for everything, and his staff and the nurses at the hospital are all great.   Good luck to you both and see you on the loosing side.
Losing one day at a time  Neal ;-)>

Int111
on 10/9/08 11:51 am
Good luck. Dr. Jawad is great.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views