insurance question

robin M.
on 10/2/08 8:57 am - sarasota, FL
 hi i'm fairly new to fl. my question is this.  my cobra insurance is running out and i will have to get new insurance since my current company is anthem bcbs of ct.  i was told that since i live here now they can't continue to cover me. i had my lapband surgery 2 yrs. ago and need to know what insurance company would cover ongoing care. if anyone could help lead me in the right direction it would be appreciated. this whole process is overwhelming.
thanks robin
robin M.
on 10/4/08 9:11 am - Dublin, GA
I would suggest you ask this over on the insurance board.  You may get an answer there.  I would suggest you check out getting BCBS of Florida but I am not an expert.  I think you should also call around and talk to the insurance companies you are thinking of using and see what they say.  One last suggestion - before you actually take the insurance, read the policy.  I've found that the customer service reps don't always give out accurate info.

Good luck!

Robin

Highest Weight: 220   1st Appt Weight: 205   Surgery Weight: 192   Post Surgery : 201  Current Weight:  136       Dr Goal Weight:  140     My Goal Weight:  125
robin M.
on 10/4/08 10:10 am - sarasota, FL
 thanks for the feedback. i did post on the insurance forum and have not gotten a response. the whole process is quite overwhelming .i am looking into bcbs of fl. 
thanks again
robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views