Completion Gastrectomy

crowland
on 10/1/08 1:35 pm - FL
I have a question about Completion Gastrectomy.  I have a fistula. My dr. says the thing to do now is a Gastrectomy.  Has anyone had this. And did you restart losing weight after it?

cathy in pns fl
Kristen H.
on 10/6/08 2:19 am - Orlando, FL
A fistula is an abnormal connection between an organ, vessel or intestine that results from trauma or surgery. In gastric bypass the separation of the gastric pouch from the main stomach decreases the incidence of fistula formation and stomal ulcer but does not eliminate it. Leakage of ingested food through the fistula may allow the small pouch to empty faster, leading to increased volume of meals and increased appetite. Did your doctor mention peritonitis? I have known patients who have had surgery to correct fistulas, and they started losing weight again. Good luck to you.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
crowland
on 10/7/08 3:44 am - FL
Thank you for your reply. My Dr has not said anything about peritonitis.  At this time my stomach is not hurting too much. For I did have a lot of pain about 6 weeks ago.  I looked up peritonitis. Msot of the sytoms listed sounded like my pain.
Anyway, right now I am waiting for insurance approval.  My insurance company does not do any surgeries related to bypass.
We'll see.
CathyR
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views