new to the board from NW, Fl

sweetbabi
on 9/25/08 4:07 am - Haines City, FL
Hello. I'm just starting with all my paperwork. I live in Pensacola and my surgeon will be Dr. Nye. I went to his meet the dr. seminar last night and I like him a lot. I will meet with him next Tues and have my psych and nutrition eval on Wed. I did my labwork today. I'm trying not to get my hopes up in case my insurance won't approve it. We have Tricare and I've heard good things about them, but I'm still a little uneasy. I'm very excited and very scared at the same time about this surgery. But this site has helped ease my fears. Anyway, I just thought I'd say hello.

~Amanda
lbs_b_gone
on 9/25/08 11:28 am
Amanda:

Just take it one day at a time it's so much information to take in, but this site really helps with sharing experiences and so forth.  Good luck and keep us posted...
Thanks,

Yolie
jonelle32514
on 9/25/08 1:59 pm - Pensacola, FL
HI!! Dr. Nye is my Dr and he is wonderful!!! I also have tricare.  I could not get a referral from the naval hospital so I switched to standard.  After my pysch eval and nut appt, they sent my stuff in for approval.  It took about 2 weeks to get back to me and then 2 weeks after that I had my surgery.  If you have any questions or just want to talk, hit me up.  

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

sweetbabi
on 9/25/08 10:26 pm - Haines City, FL
Thank you so much.
kathy S.
on 9/26/08 5:50 am - Pensacola, FL
I'm from the other hospital and Dr. Lord.  He also takes Tricare and I am Tricare Standard.  Good luck!
kathsum
sweetbabi
on 9/26/08 11:12 am - Haines City, FL
Thank you. I thought that i was going to have Dr. Lord. My PCM said that's who would do it, but I guess Tricare picked Dr. Nye. Which is okay with me. I've heard very good things about Dr. Lord from 2 patients of his that I spoke with.
jobell2355
on 10/14/08 5:28 am - Destin, FL
Hi everyone.  I am new to this site too.  I am hoping to have the surgery as well.  I am going to my first seminar with Dr. Lord next week.  I have 5 friends who all used him so I have heard great things.

I was Tricare Standard and got a referral to see Dr. Nye.  I didn't know anything about him and in the mean time descided to switch to Tricare Prime so that I would not have to pay anything.  When I called tricare they said that since I had a referral for Dr. Nye I could see another Dr. if I chose to.  Anyone know any more about this?

I am very nervous but know this is the best option for me.  I hope to continue to to talk to people like yourselves and get information and support.

Good Luck To All!!!
USAF Wife
on 10/14/08 7:36 am
Hey there, I'm very new to the board as well. Dr. Nye was a wonderful surgeon. I just had the lapband procedure done on October 1st, and I have lost 15 pounds. I've had a slow recovery, but that was my own fault. I did too much activity too fast once I got home. I also have Tricare Prime, and was approved within 2 weeks of my first consult with Dr. Nye. Best Wishes. . . Tiff
sweetbabi
on 10/14/08 11:29 am - Haines City, FL
One of the ladies who talked with me to help me decide to get the surgery had Dr. Lord. she said he was great. another friend had Dr Nye and she said he was great too. I have Prime and they just gave me Dr. Nye. I only had to pay $250 and that was for the 2 evals. the girl who had Dr. Lord said she had to pay $500, but I don't know if she was prime or not. then one of the girls whose hubby works with mine is about to have the lapband from dr. friedman (he's at baptist with dr. nye) and she paid $500... so I'm confused with it all . LOL I'm still waiting, but it's not because of Tricare, it's my PCM's nurse. Good luck to you.
Patty.W
on 10/21/08 2:01 pm
You will be in good hands.  Dr. Nye is an excellent surgeon with many years of experience.  I am 6 years post op and have no complications.  I recently found out I have gallstones but don't know if that is WLS-related or not.

Good luck!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views