BCBS of Florida and other states

lbs_b_gone
on 9/26/08 11:19 am
Is it true that BCBS only covers WLS for state and federal employees and that all other plans outside of state and federal are employees are not covered?  I'm really concerned because I have BCBS of Florida and there is an exclusion in my policy, but my surgery is really medical necessary. 
Thanks,

Yolie
PMSmama
on 9/26/08 1:10 pm
I have BCBS of Florida as well and also have an exclusion, so I'm sad to say that I will be paying out of pocket. 
lbs_b_gone
on 9/26/08 9:07 pm
Are you going to use a finance company?  Also, when you pay out of pocket do you still have to go through with having a psych eval and following up with a nutritionist?
Thanks,

Yolie
PMSmama
on 9/27/08 1:42 am
Hi Yolie,

When I researched Care Credit they wanted to charge 11% interest even with my high credit score. There was no room for negotiation. So, I called my financial advisor and found out that I can take principle money out of my Roth IRA for medical expenses without penalties. Since the market is in the crapper - this was a no brainier.

So, this is my plan...I'm due for a new car next May. I will be getting a Honda instead of something pricier and will take the savings and add it back into my Roth. At this point getting my weight off is priority for me and my family. I want to be able to run with my children instead of pulling up a chair and watching them.

Let me know what you decide to do and Good luck!!

Tea
on 10/1/08 2:02 pm - Moore Haven, FL
VSG on 07/11/12
Hi Ladies,

I have BCBS FL state employees ppo, and thats not true. There is an exclusion in my plan and I am currently fighting it. I don't have the credit to get a loan, so I cant self pay.

HW 311 - (pre opt liq diet 272) - SW 264 - CW 196- GW 150

Lovin my
SLEEVE

wd4oay
on 10/1/08 2:41 pm - Miami, FL
Hi Tea,
I see that you are going for the DS surgery. I don't think BCBSFL (state employees PPO) will cover that particular surgery, but they do cover the RNY if it is deemed "medically necessary."  I just got approved for it and will be having surgery next month.  Good luck on your fight!
Tea
on 10/1/08 2:46 pm - Moore Haven, FL
VSG on 07/11/12
Well dang,

All I can do is try I guess. Thanks for the info

HW 311 - (pre opt liq diet 272) - SW 264 - CW 196- GW 150

Lovin my
SLEEVE

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views