Hi guys.. been a long time.

Sallykate Losing
Weight

on 9/22/08 6:37 pm - North, FL
Hello Florida board!
My has it been a while since I dropped in. Shame on me!  I am coming up on my 3 yrs. out anniversary and I have maintained pretty well. I gained around 15lbs. about 2 months ago but 10 of it was while I was in the hospital for a week. (non-GBP related) So I have done well and I am getting my butt back in gear to get those lbs back off.
Any of you golden oldies still lurking about? Well, I will drop in more often especially if any of you new post-ops or pre-ops have questions et. I would love to help anywaay I can!
God Bless you all,

Sallykate

3 years post-op and minus 169bs. 
- Sleep apnea
-GERD
-diabetes
-high blood pressure
- edema
-10 sizes

*from sz 32 pant to 12  and from sz 28-30 top to med.

Redhaired
on 9/22/08 9:59 pm - Mouseville, FL
Oh Sally, it is wonderful to see you.  I am so happy to hear you are doing so well.  I had my DS a little over two years ago, I am down 140lbs and have been having plastics in Tampa this year.  Wooo-Hooooooo aint life grand?  How is the candle business?

Red

Sallykate Losing
Weight

on 9/23/08 1:37 pm - North, FL
RED!! Hiya girlfriend,
So nice to hear from you. You maahvelous dahling.  (he's whistling a cat call lol)  Things are good though I have gained 15lbs. in the last couple months and being that this is the first time I have gained... I am horrified!   But channeling that horror towards motivaiton.

I have contemplated at least gettin the panniculectomy but keep thinking I have not lost enough yet. Maybe I should look into? What do you think?

Welll GF it is so good talking to you! Let's keep in touch.

Sallykate

- Sleep apnea
-GERD
-diabetes
-high blood pressure
- edema
-10 sizes

Kristen H.
on 9/23/08 11:02 am - Orlando, FL
Girlfriend! I am glad to see that you re doing well. I was just thinking about you and the QUestion of the Day. I am coming up on my four year anniversary, also struggling with a gain after a mini stroke in January. My hubby bought me the Malibu Pilates for my birthday, and I am expecting it any day now - I am hoping that it will help get my butt in shape again as well.

Be well, and come back often! You are missed.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
Sallykate Losing
Weight

on 9/23/08 1:42 pm - North, FL
Hey hey! You all are coming out of the wood work ... I love it!

One word GF... WOW! You look amazing. I was stunned and honestly I had to go to your profile to be sure I knew you lol! You have done phenomenal. Now that said... what is with this stroke you mentioned? OMG... is everything ok? Let me know how the pilates work out (pardon the pun) I have considered trying them and would love to know what you think.

Lets keep in touch..
Sally

- Sleep apnea
-GERD
-diabetes
-high blood pressure
- edema
-10 sizes

Ruth S.
on 9/24/08 11:16 am - Orlando, FL
HI there Sallykate!! I'm doing okay..I've gained abt 10lbs and I had never reached goal but I still was/am healthier than I ever was before so Im okay with that...though some struggles still continue! Im only a few days from my 4yr anniversary and I can't believe it. I was aay for a while but given I haven't gone to a meeting now I stop by a bit more often. My job changed and I get out 7:30 - 8pm sometimes so I can't attend meetings but I do miss meeting with my fellow surgery friends but like I said I come here.  Well, just to update..it's been 2 years I've been having abdominal problems which no one can figure out..have had to visit ER several times and had CTs, MRI and about 2 endoscopies.  My last episode was at work on 7/2/8 - no fun 4.5 hrs of severe pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and cold sweats etc..lilke dumping...saw the primary, GI and a local bariatric surgeon and though I got labs drawn from the surgeon nothing else was done. So my friend suggested seeing my surgeons' partner which was the best idea..he did an endoscopy and he at least he's checking stuff..and he thinks that Im automatically like dumping - my pouch is stretched to 10-12 cm and that may be the problem with the stool then not moving fast enough..or something like that..so I've been trying to do some cleansing and despite my efforts of taking 4 laxatives and magnisium nothing much is happening...so he was saying he wants to do the stomaphyx so make things slow down and get things moving..or so im thinking he thinks...so we're working on things at  least..we'll see how it goes...so Im hopefully my 2 year odyssey is over soon.
Nice to hear from you.
Ruthy
Sallykate Losing
Weight

on 9/24/08 11:44 am - North, FL

So good to hear from you sweet Ruth. I am so sorry you are having these issues. I wanted to relate to you tha about a year ago at 2 years out I too was having severe pain that would come and literally have me doubled over in unexplainable pain accompanied by sweats and severe nausea etc. I  had many trips to the ER and they treated me like I was a druggy looking for pain meds. grrrrr! Well after many tests and doctors "surmizing" to no avail I finally went to a GYN he did ultrasounds and more tests and found nothing so he decided to do a diagnostic surgery. Basically he needed to get inside and see if there was something that wasn't showing on the tests. It was an outpatient thing done lap and by golly he was right! I was full of adhesions from ym GBP surgery and from a partial hysterectomy I had in 2004. My right ovary was literally fused to the wall of my body and other organs had fused together. He explained that this would cause monstrous pain and symptoms like I had. I have NEVER had another attack like that since! TTL! I don't know if this is a possibilty for you but I thought I would share it in case it was. I will pray for you hun. Bless your heart.

Sallykate

- Sleep apnea
-GERD
-diabetes
-high blood pressure
- edema
-10 sizes

Ruth S.
on 9/24/08 11:51 am - Orlando, FL
Wow!! That is CERTAINLY a thought if we try all this and I still have the pains..but Im surmising he might be right..cause Ive been trying to do this cleansing and you'd think that after downing 4 lax and a bottle of magnesium you'd go like crazy..and nothing has happened to me..so it can be build up plus if I get gas it seems trapped also..but definately I'll keep what you have said in mind..though if I'd have adhesions then it would be from the rny cause I've never had any other type of surgery ever..so that is a thought down the road. Thanks for the suggestion..that might be the next step if this doesn't help..
HUGS
Say a prayer for me..
Ruth S.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr